2023 College football thread

We do love it. We live 500 miles from Morgantown and make nearly every home game and throw a big tailgate party.
Thought about you guys when we passed through Columbia on the way back from Hilton Head. Hope all is well.....

How bout those Terps??? Sorry Jeff ...

My Huskies from Michigan Tech are 3-0 this year so far. Won a thriller at Iowa Upper today 34-31 Scored 20 unanswered points in the 4th for the win. Miss those 8 hour bus rides to play ball. :cool:

My team isn't good this year, so this may be the only time I post in this thread. Saturday was a great day to be a Mountaineer as we beat sPitt 17 - 6 at home. I entered the tailgate lot at 6:40 AM for the 7:30 PM game. It was a glorious but long day. Love this pic from Saturday night. Stripe the Stadium was successful and the stadium and crowd looked great on national TV.
View attachment 34872
I think pulling off a stripped stadium is the coolest game day look inside a stadium. I hate to say it, but PSU pulls if off so well so often. Every now and then my Spartans due one, and half the time pull it off, and half the time half the crowd missed the memo. lol

How bout those Terps??? Sorry Jeff ...
I saw a brief write up in the airport yesterday about the game while we were making our way back home from Italy. Oh dear…my Spartans need to figure out how to move forward in the wake of this dang Tucker scandal and turmoil. So frustrated with our former head coach right now and the impact it is having on a team with some potential still in the tank.

Congratulations on the win. The final score was ugly for Homecoming Sparty…probably thrilling on your end. :)

I saw a brief write up in the airport yesterday about the game while we were making our way back home from Italy. Oh dear…my Spartans need to figure out how to move forward in the wake of this dang Tucker scandal and turmoil. So frustrated with our former head coach right now and the impact it is having on a team with some potential still in the tank.

Congratulations on the win. The final score was ugly for Homecoming Sparty…probably thrilling on your end. :)
We were actually flying back from a funeral in Boston and saw snippets on my phone and in the airport. MD has been doing well so far but wait until they really play the cream of the Big 10! Ha! How was your trip? We are leaving for our anniversary cruise on Thursday out of Vancouver....

Our trip was amazing! I struggled a lot with my damaged hip and what not with keeping up, but aside from that Italy was everything everyone always says about it.

Great cities and scenery! Amazing food and wine! Art, culture, history and what not off the charts! I am still wrapping my head around everything we saw and did the past three weeks. As a retired world history teacher, social studies chairperson, I couldn’t get enough of it.

Our trip was divided pretty evenly between Venice (4 days), Tuscany (5 days), Sorrento (3 days) and Rome (6 days), and then 3 days hitting stops along our journey between locations. Our last day in Rome, after having spent 6 days there already went something like: “we need 2-3 more days here”.

Last edited:
Our trip was amazing! I struggled a lot with my damaged hip and what not with keeping up, but aside from that Italy was everything everyone always says about it.

Great cities and scenery! Amazing food and wine! Art, culture, history and what not off the charts! I am still wrapping my head around everything we saw and did the past three weeks. As a retired world history teacher, social studies chairperson, I couldn’t get enough of it.

Our trip was divided pretty evenly between Venice (4 days), Tuscany (5 days), Sorrento (3 days) and Rome (6 days), and then 3 days hitting stops along our journey between locations. Our last day in Rome, after having spent 6 days there already went something like: “we need 2-3 more days here”.
Congrats on a fantastic trip! Venice and Rome were also highlights for us! My wife could easily move to Italy or Greece! Refresh my memory on what's going on with your hip. Do you need it replaced? Mine was pretty much bone on bone. It was 2 yrs in August that I had mine done. It took about a month and I was back to normal. Whatever you need done..... Do it!

Oh my hip…lol. :rolleyes: I’ll shoot you a PM on it so as not to hijack this thread.

Jeff, I thought your Spartans were gonna pull off the upset last night at Kinnick!

Another nice win for Daril's Terps.

The Mountaineers get it done against the Horned Frogs!

Meanwhile, my once mighty #2 ranked Bison fall at home to unranked USD Coyotes. Oh for shame! :confused:

Congrats on a fantastic trip! Venice and Rome were also highlights for us! My wife could easily move to Italy or Greece! Refresh my memory on what's going on with your hip. Do you need it replaced? Mine was pretty much bone on bone. It was 2 yrs in August that I had mine done. It took about a month and I was back to normal. Whatever you need done..... Do it!
Would love to hear more about your travels. Italy is still on my bucket list. Possibly start a thread on Bennington Travelers? Curious if you visited Portofino? And I would love pictures of the food, especially pizza! Sorry about hijacking the thread but I am a former chef. I hope you will start a new thread and everyone can chime in on their travels.

Would love to hear more about your travels. Italy is still on my bucket list. Possibly start a thread on Bennington Travelers? Curious if you visited Portofino? And I would love pictures of the food, especially pizza! Sorry about hijacking the thread but I am a former chef. I hope you will start a new thread and everyone can chime in on their travels.
Currently on a cruise from Vancouver to San Diego. Maybe I'll start one when we get back. Take care....

Great day of college football yesterday and my Louisville Cardinals man-handled Notre Dame last night 33-20. Unbelievable game and rebuilding from the last several years. Love that we have Brohm back and finally excited about college football again. It's been a long time since I've been this excited about it! Go CARDS!

Got on the plane yesterday and Maryland was tied with Ohio State 10-10 at the half. Got off in Charlotte and found out MD lost by 20! 37-17. Oh well.....

My game of the day yesterday was the OU v Texas matchup. Boy, was that a fun back and forth game. A few other good ones, but that one stole the show for me. That said, I always enjoy a good ND loss, so thank you Louisville…. :D Congrats Stevez!

And I knew it was too good to be true when Maryland was up or other moments when tied. That run OSU went on, well, at least I had the OU v Texas game at that time. Darn Buckeyes!

And, MSU didn’t lose (well…or play) yesterday, so I don‘t have to endure the pain of our derailed season and head coaching situation train wreck this particular weekend….o_O

How about that Miami game? What a freaking debacle. That whole coaching staff should be fired by Monday. Way to ruin your season!

Great day of college football yesterday and my Louisville Cardinals man-handled Notre Dame last night 33-20. Unbelievable game and rebuilding from the last several years. Love that we have Brohm back and finally excited about college football again. It's been a long time since I've been this excited about it! Go CARDS!
I too was happy to see your Cards take care of the Irish!

Got on the plane yesterday and Maryland was tied with Ohio State 10-10 at the half. Got off in Charlotte and found out MD lost by 20! 37-17. Oh well.....
The Terps are for real. It's hard to shine in the east, they could likely win the west.

My game of the day yesterday was the OU v Texas matchup. Boy, was that a fun back and forth game.
Lotta hype with that game, and it definitely lived up to it.
That game may have to be on my future bucket list.

Back