24SSL Hull Weight

MikeT

Reaction score
I recently purchased/ordered a 24SSL and I am looking forward to enjoying it this summer on our lake. One thing that I can't seem to figure out is that spec sheet lists the hull weight of the boat at 2240 lbs. This seems high compared to the 22SSL that is listed at 1760 lbs. It seems strange that the 24SSL would be almost 500 lbs heavier than the 22SSL, for only a 1.5 additional deck feet. Could this be true? If so, any idea what drives such a large increase in weight? My engine choice may not be sufficient if the hull weight is accurate.

Thanks.

post deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently purchased/ordered a 24SSL and I am looking forward to enjoying it this summer on our lake. One thing that I can't seem to figure out is that spec sheet lists the hull weight of the boat at 2240 lbs. This seems high compared to the 22SSL that is listed at 1760 lbs. It seems strange that the 24SSL would be almost 500 lbs heavier than the 22SSL, for only a 1.5 additional deck feet. Could this be true? If so, any idea what drives such a large increase in weight? My engine choice may not be sufficient if the hull weight is accurate.

Thanks.
Hi Mike, thanks for your question. We double-checked the engineering test for the 24SSL and the posted weight with 25" tubes is correct at 2240 lbs. The Express package adds 314 lbs, so it looks like we need to correct THAT weight on the page. We'll also revisit the 22SSL weights and adjust if necessary. Thanks for helping us catch the error. Enjoy your new ride! TB

Back