3rd time out

prd2hnt

Reaction score
We got some more time on the water Sunday with our new 21 slx. We put in on the Missouri north of Omaha. Went a couple of hours further north and floated back home.

8 adults, a couple of coolers. Gotta love all the space on this thing. Other than all the crap floating in the river from the recent rains, we had a great time. I had hope all this stuff would have flushed out by now.

The 150 performed well. No issues. I haven't refilled the tank, but it sure does seem to sip fuel like I have read.

We are now up to 7 or so hours on the motor. (I forgot to look before I put the cover back on). I pushed it to WOT once, but didn't let it get fully wound up as I was worried about not being able to see the logs in the river in time do avoid them. With the 8 of us, full load of fuel and the other stuff, still hit mid 30s. I hope to do the full prop testing next time out.

Finally took some picture as well....

Our son and his soon-to-be-wife

The Admiral

The son-in-law as co-pilot along with our daughter (on the floor) and several bridesmaids for the upcoming ceremony.

It was a good day.

Not ready for cold weather....

Brian

Congrats! You'll be happy with your decision....do you have the new Linen Seagrass on your boat?.....however, the cool weather sounds good to me....we've been in the 90's with humidity since May....makes for a lot of time on the lake but this long heat has drained me. Ex- Midwestener having a tough time with this Alabama weather.....Roll Tide!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you are enjoying your new Pontoon. We are not far behind you -- had it out for the 3rd time today since getting it last Thursday (04 Sep) and have right at 6 hours on it (had to cut our trip short today because of some dark clouds and I did not want to cover it up while in a big down pour). That said, I am retired so I can get out any day the weather is nice. Enjoy your 21 SLX (they are nice pontoons).

Very nice we've been doing the same with our 4 week old toon.  Too bad the season is ending soon.

Congratulations prd2hnt! The Bennington will keep them all coming back, Enjoy

Back