A full baker's dozen...

kaydano

Reaction score
Last weekend we had 13 on the boat for the first time, which is my nameplate capacity. 11 of them were 15 year olds, so not the heaviest load, but I was still able to pull three at a time on the tube with an exciting ride! It helped there was a lot off wake action from other boats, but I still never needed full throttle. I try not to go faster than 25 mph pulling a tube, and I remember seeing 27 on the gps, and slowed down some. Love that 150. My old 115 probably wouldn't have even planed up with that load. Did I say how happy I am with the 150??? Lots of guys here have bigger motors, and that's just fine, but if tubing is in your future,150 is the minimum size hands down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you're loving the 150. You still have cable steering correct? Now I wonder if Link will follow suit or get one of those slick new windscreen models with a merc racing 520hp. I heard his modeling career kicked off after that shirtless tube pic.

Actually I have been corresponding with GoldenRod and it looks like I am adding the express toon and underdeck wave shield this year.  My main reason for the 150 was not WOT but rather sluggish with a full boat.  Therefore I am going to see how that works with keeping the 115.  I am asking for a conduit pipe to be placed in the right location so that if I want to upgrade to the 150 then adding seastar will be easier to install.

I am able to accomplish all this with the royalties I have been earning from my Husky Boys Calendar 

I would love to see a new members face when they read this and have no idea of who anyone is.

"Hunny, I'm on this cool site, it is for Bennington owners but there is this guy that hangs out with someone named "goldenrod" and then poses for Husky boys calendar"

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I have been corresponding with GoldenRod and it looks like I am adding the express toon and underdeck wave shield this year.  My main reason for the 150 was not WOT but rather sluggish with a full boat.  Therefore I am going to see how that works with keeping the 115.  I am asking for a conduit pipe to be placed in the right location so that if I want to upgrade to the 150 then adding seastar will be easier to install.

I am able to accomplish all this with the royalties I have been earning from my Husky Boys Calendar 
Haha, this is hilarious Mark! I actually have shirts that we made up saying "Husky Boyz"!!! we used to run a Husky gas station and people always referred to my brother in law and I as the Husky boys, so since my inlaws own silk screening equipment with their promotional and embroidery business, they made us some up for Christmas.  I'll have to see if I can take a picture if I can find it!

Yeah. We all kind of figured that shoe would fit you Derrick! I bet the sleeves are cut off to about an inch up from the bottom too huh!

That's hilarious!

Back