Pittsburgh

Commodore
Reaction score
It May Be Spring But It Still Looks Like Winter On The Lake 

Believe It Or Not 66 F Today as pictures were taken 

As the wind blew across the ice you could feel the temperature drop

118098308.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning when I went out to get the paper was the first time since my return on Monday that I didn't grimace while walking; hope it continues

Posted this before but still appropriate

Hang in there. It is in the 90's here. I'm trying to send the weather to you. So, how do you not spill your Boat Drinks while wearing gloves? Do you all take snowmobiles on the frozen lakes? When I was going to upstate NY for whitetail hunting, "racing sleds" across frozen lakes was quite a thrill.

Cheers, Steve

Steve,

I am hoping that the weather breaks soon, it is getting old.

Here's hoping April is better, if we could just stay in the 50's I would be happy 

90's a bit hot, but better than the teens 

Here's hoping for the 50s and 60s in April

23656197.jpg

With winter's like the past two, snow-birding may be a reality next year.

Reactions: ssc
We love to pontoon, sunsets and playing at the lake, but enjoy the winters too. Hike, ski and snowshoe whenever we can. Keep our place heated all winter so we can use it whenever we want. Never was a Florida or southeast US person. If we really get tired of winter (not often) we visit family in southern California or Arizona. Live in southern Michigan to be near our kids and grandson

We have a very large snow bird population. From Nov-April, the license plates are from Canada and many Midwestern and north-east states. Come on down and visit. I'll leave a light on for you. :)

Cheers, Steve

Steve,

I have always loved SW Florida, as a kid I watched Ft Myers , Cape Coral, Bonita Springs and Naples be built.

In the early 60s we called Ft Myers - Fort Misery (lol) 

In those days the action centers were Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Daytona

I did the west Coast thing for years and honestly in the depths of winter...

I choose South Florida 

IMG_4403-Edit-2.jpg

As I type it is snowing !

Pittsburgh_SS_Dusk_1.JPG

slide1.png

EQT Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
7/2/2015 - 7/4/2015   Description
Regarded as the largest inland regatta in the country and the tri-states largest community event, the EQT Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta welcomes and delights over 600,000 spectators annually, elevates the quality of life for the people of the region by providing free world-class attractions including: the largest powerboat racing competition on the circuit, the EQT “Flashes of Freedom” Fireworks—the regions most prolific fireworks display, and an eclectic array of land, air and water entertainment including local and national concerts. The non-profit 501©3 civic event is governed by a Board of Directors and the event is managed by Pittsburgh-based ISM/USA.
  Performers
Powerboat Superleague, Sandsational, Frisbee Dogs, BMX Stunt show, Zambelli Fireworks, HydroDrag Jet Ski Racing, Concerts...plus much,much more!
  Venue
Point State Park and North Shore
  Directions
101 Commonwealth Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15222

" It's A Burgh Thing"

Back