Adding Speakers to an SSRXP

New here about to take on this stereo task for the new boat. I’m rather lost on several things. Are guys just letting the wire sit on under skinning or are there ways to attach the wire to other structures. Here’s my layout
Most people route the wire using a electrical fish tape so I don't think they're actually securing it to anything. Have you considered going with a powered subwoofer that you could hook up closer to the batteries?

New here about to take on this stereo task for the new boat. I’m rather lost on several things. Are guys just letting the wire sit on under skinning or are there ways to attach the wire to other structures. Here’s my layout
You ever figure out running the power and ground from helm to battery compartment? I'm about to pursue the same task and I am trying to figure out how to get the wires across.

You ever figure out running the power and ground from helm to battery compartment? I'm about to pursue the same task and I am trying to figure out how to get the wires across.
Below is a portion of my response on page #1 of this thread about Running Wires. It was super easy. Hope this helps.

Running Wires:
First having someone help you to fish the wires is helpful. In the helm there is a hole where all the factory cables run to the back of the boat. I used my Flexible Cable Pick-Up Tool with 4-Finger Claw for getting the wires up inside the boat. Inside of the helm, I stuck the flexible claw by itself down to the hole until my buddy could see it. Then I pressed the end to open the claw and he stuck the cable in the claw. Then I gently pulled it back up through the hole and connected it to the Rear R&L RCA Outputs. (5-10mins). We did the same thing for the Sub remote volume wire.
Then I went to the rear of the boat underneath the seat near the batteries and drilled a 1/2" hole with a drill bit. Take caution to make you are clear of everything underneath before drilling. My buddy acted as my spotter outside the boat looking up under to help me gauge if I was clear to drill the hole. The I used the claw to fish that end up through the hole as well as the Sub remote volume wire. I wrapped both sets of wires in a loom tubing to protect them and then zip tied that loom tube to another set of factory wires that ran down the side of the boat that were secured to the plywood decking. If you don't have that you can buy some cheap cable clamps to screw to the underside of the decking. After I had everything connected and made sure it functioned correctly, I secured the rear wires coming through the hole to the floor with a small wire clamp and put the stainless steel wire vent to cover the hole. I also put the waterproof caulking in the hole to prevent water leaking in.

Below is a portion of my response on page #1 of this thread about Running Wires. It was super easy. Hope this helps.
That part was also super helpful but I’m trying to understand if it’s a straight shot from battery compartment to where the existing cables pop up in the helm.

I took the skirting off of my boat and ran my speaker and Led cables in a loom along the wire channels and then up to each pod as my boat has the walkthrough. Used exterior zip ties to hold the loom up higher and away from the battery and sub wires and cables. My boat also has two 10” subs behind the captains chairs.

I popped through the floor and then ran the wires down the outside edge of the boat then back in and up under the helm. I put the wires in some wire wrap and secured it to the exposed plywood on the edge. No need to remove the under skirting underneath. It was easy and if you have someone helping you then running the wires will take about 15 minutes. Good luck.

Back