Adjustable Height Pedastal Helm Seat

Spar-Toon

Reaction score
Zukey - Portage Chain Of Lakes Hamburg MI
Hi I'm just wandering if anybody had the Adjustable height pedastal helm seat as an option for their seat.  If so does it work well and whats the range it adjusts too?  Is it only a couple  inches or does it go higher.   Thanks.   

Good question. My boat is on order and is being built on Monday Feb 22. My dealer suggested the optional seat as a cheaper alternative to the elevated helm. 

I also liked the idea of the floor being all one level. I am hoping I made a good decision.

Seaduced, I am sure that the optional seat is less expensive but IMO the raised helm adds quite a bit to the overall look and not once has it been a trip hazard on my 2012

That is impressive Link considering the amount of drinking and dancing that boat has seen!!

Well you know me, I am the wallflower type and just sit there quietly while the others go wild

Took delivery of my boat last week and I love the adjustable pedestal helm seat!

Great to here.  Still waiting on mine.  How high can the seat go?

I am anxious to hear this answer as well.

I just installed this option on my boat, they say it's actually on a few inches higher than the standard seat, I'd have to look at what I had for notes from my physical measurements. It's not as high or higher than the raised helm. Just to be clear, I purchased this from my dealer as to make sure it was a Bennington part.  

Have not done a measurement on mine with a rule, but I would say no more then 4 to 5 inches than the standard model. I like it, so does the wife. This is the second one I have had, had one on the old boat a 22 SLX

I just installed this option on my boat, they say it's actually on a few inches higher than the standard seat, I'd have to look at what I had for notes from my physical measurements. It's not as high or higher than the raised helm. Just to be clear, I purchased this from my dealer as to make sure it was a Bennington part.  

Thanks for the info. When you installed it did you have to remove the under deck wave shields?

Sorry for the delay, it's been one of those weeks! I did not remove the under shield, I actually removed the skirting between the deck and the outer pontoon, I was able to reach in and get the bolts. That shield just bolted on so it only took us (had a friend help so I didn't scratch anything) about 1/2 hour start to finish. I ordered it from the dealer so the bolt holes were an exact match. 

I have both the elevated helm and the adjustable height seat. I have driven other boats with out elevated helm and I can tell you without a doubt as the main driver this is one of my favorite options. I also have not measured with a ruler but I would guess that the adjustment is 3"-5".

I am taking delivery of my boat next week.  I did not get the elevated helm nor the adjustable height seat.  I did get the helm seat with the adjustable bolster that pivots vertically to serve as a higher seat and love it as I tried it at the marina friday.  I had the same thing on my chris craft and think it's great.  It gives you at least 6" of additional height if you want it.   So, another option to throw in there.

Took delivery of my boat last week and I love the adjustable pedestal helm seat!

I purchased what was supposed to be the adjustable pedestal from my dealer and it no higher than the standard post, just goes down lower! Maybe they got the wrong one but he verified it the only one they have??? If you extend it all the way up how high is the seat base from the floor? 

Back