Air Horn

Gerry - Let me know how it sounds, if you can describe that in words. As I think about it, it seems that would be hard to do...

"What does your horn sound like?"

Well...

Seems that would be hard to do in person let alone by typing!
HONK HONK Beep Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep(relay got stuck, figured something HAD to be wrong kaydano!) beep beep AOOOOOOGAA!

Derrick (big finishing sound there)

I know AFI horns are made overseas, and the Ongaro website bashes the AFI gaskets, but this AFI 10036 is a nice compact design that could easily be mounted forward of the playpen. Mixed reviews at Amazon, one reviewer received a defective item. About $100.

10036-CMYK-97.jpg

•Dimensions: 4-1/4” L x 5” W x 6-1/2” H

•Maximum amp draw: 4 Amps, 12 Volt

•Fundamental frequency: 290±15 Hz

•dB(A) rating: 123 at one meter

Loud. As a point of reference most drop in 3 Amp horns are 105 dB, dual drop ins (two 3 Amp horns mounted together) are around 111 dB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know AFI horns are made overseas, and the Ongaro website bashes the AFI gaskets, but this AFI 10036 is a nice compact design that could easily be mounted forward of the playpen. Mixed reviews at Amazon, one reviewer received a defective item. About $100.

10036-CMYK-97.jpg

•Dimensions: 4-1/4” L x 5” W x 6-1/2” H

•Maximum amp draw: 4 Amps, 12 Volt

•Fundamental frequency: 290±15 Hz

•dB(A) rating: 123 at one meter

Loud. As a point of reference most drop in 3 Amp horns are 105 dB, dual drop ins (two 3 Amp horns mounted together) are around 111 dB.
I ordered the Ongaro Overton item #33099. The specs. say 112 dB, drawing 3 amp max. Was going to replace the factory horn with it. Don't think it could be any less. It appears it will fit there alright. Probably know this weekend. (P.S. Derrick needs to get out of that clean, crisp Canadian air. He's starting to scare me.) :lol: Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the Ongaro Overton item #33099. The specs. say 112 dB, drawing 3 amp max. Was going to replace the factory horn with it. Don't think it could be any less. It appears it will fit there alright. Probably know this weekend. (P.S. Derrick needs to get out of that clean, crisp Canadian air. He's starting to scare me.) :lol: Gerry
Gerry, I saw that one and believe that Overton's got the Specs wrong. If you look at the Ongaro Marine website, they list 105 for the single and 111 for the dual, but the model numbers don't line up - I could be wrong.

Maybe I should get a Dukes if Hazard horn!! It's already my phone's ringtone, it definitely turns heads when it rings! Haha

gerry, If you remember what a RoadRunner horn sounds like, you are telling your age! Steve
Oh yes. Just can't figure out how Derrick heard an AAAOOOOOGAAAH horn. Those must have been the rumbleseat days. LOL

Oh yes. Just can't figure out how Derrick heard an AAAOOOOOGAAAH horn. Those must have been the rumbleseat days. LOL
Old movies I guess, oh, sorry, you might call them 'picture shows' haha, actually I believe there was also one (although not on a car) in the movie "The Mask" with Jim Carey. Would be a great horn for the sea's!

Derrick

Back