Air Pumps for Inflatables

Noah Genda

Reaction score
First question, 110 volt or 12 volt? I have access to both. Do I fill the tubes at the slip and get underway, or is it better to grab the tubes and fill them up on the lake?

Second, any recommendations? Thanks!

I have an Airhead brand 12 volt and it works great. I usually take our tubes out flat and air them up on the boat once we get where we want to be. Then at the end of the day I will deflate them.

I have an Airhead brand 12 volt and it works great. I usually take our tubes out flat and air them up on the boat once we get where we want to be. Then at the end of the day I will deflate them.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Will second the 12volt - somedays we don't plan to tube but it heats up... water looks cool.... nice to not have to head back in.

Will second the 12volt - somedays we don't plan to tube but it heats up... water looks cool.... nice to not have to head back in.
I'm against the grain, I purchased a 110 unit. With the pool at country club or air mattresses for extra guests- it was easier.

I added dc to ac converter for the boat from harbor freight- perfect combo.

Much easier than strapping on board for the day.

I use a small motorcycle 12v battery and an airhead pump which I have in a small carry case. I'll get the pump brand, it is tiny and moves a huge amount of air and does not get hot. It inflates and deflates. I bring the tube on deflated and inflate and deflate as needed on the boat.

We have a 4 "D" battery operated air pump. Used to use it for air mattresses when there are not enough beds in the house for guests.

It's going on the boat for the tube. House guests can blow up their own air mattresses!

Back