almost ready to pull a trigger on an instock unit

KLM

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am almost ready to put a deposit for a instock 2014 22 G series. The dealer told me the engine (2013 yammi 150) has 3 hours on it.  Does it matter much? Does it still consider new?

What thing should I check before taking delievery of the boat? What options should I add on before the boat leave the dealership?

A front bimini is my wife requirement. I check all around and it looks like it is very hard to find a suitable front bimini. Dealer asked for $2500 to get a bennington one to be modified and installed by the dealer but he pretty much said it will look like factory finish.

Some people mention bimini buddy, but its website does not load at all. May be it is no longer in business?

The dealer also have a 24 feet S series instock with double bimini which sell for $2500 less, however I perfer to have the bench seat instead of the co captain chair. Beside the co-captain chair and the front bimini, the S and the G are pretty much identically equipped. Just want to know what other people will pick.

Decision, decision, descision...

I guess since the dealer said the hours were from demo. That engine was the only one I saw has a prop on it. The S series engine has no prop installed.

I would ask to see what the computer shows for the hours on that motor. They should be able to scan it and show you. I have a 24 s and love it. My neighbor has a 22' G and he hardly has any seating up front. The G is a nice boat though. Maybe we need to see pictures!!

What model G and S are you looking at? Based on the limited info you have provided, I would get the 24 foot S. I do think the larger boat brings more room and my wife was adamant on the helm seat. Further, a double bimini is a must have in my book.

Cheer, Steve

What model G and S are you looking at? Based on the limited info you have provided, I would get the 24 foot S. I do think the larger boat brings more room and my wife was adamant on the helm seat. Further, a double bimini is a must have in my book.

Cheer, Steve
24 SCWX vs 2275 GCW

From the spec. sheet on bennington website, both boat are the same lenght.But then why Bennington names it a 22 instead of 24? I do believe a double bimini is a must have. If the delaer installs the front bimini, the spread between the S and G will be $5000.

Based on those two models, you are correct. They are the same overall length. When I got my 2550 GSR it was over 27 feet. Based on these two models, which ever one is optioned to your needs.

Cheers, Steve

Hi KLM,

I took delivery of my 2014 2375 RCW in September and had the front factory Bennington Bimini added as a part of the deal when I bought the boat. The dealer charged about $2800 for the retrofit. It definitely looks like a factory add on and matches my rear curved bimini exactly and they zip together. One thing they also took care of was the retro on my playpen cover so there are cutouts for the front brackets. I thought the whole deal was quite expensive but as the wife said " no front bimini....no new boat". Sometimes it is worth peace in the house and I'll enjoy the additional shade. Good luck with your decision!!

Feeling little better now since I am only being quoted $2500.

There is a lot of trim/feature difference between the S and G boat. Don't price shop thinking they are similar. Even below decks, it's beefier (crossmembers on 16" center on the G, 24" centers on the S).

I'm not dissing the S series boat. Just be sure you study what 5 grand difference gets you.

I bought a left over for great savings. 3 hrs isn't even broken in and is no problem as long as it's titled new.

2nd Bimini, look at my gallery. Dealer ordered frame and material from Bennington and had local canvas shop do work. It cost around 1900 plus tax a couple years ago.

Thanks everyone! Decided to go for the G because of the layout and the price difference between the S is only $2500 without adding the front bimini. I will decide on the front bimini later.

Congratulations 

K L M

I hope you enjoy your new boat and it brings you many memories  :)  

107175344.jpg

Good choice. I have an S and would have went with a G for that cost.

$ spent on front bimini may save you from skin cancer....

Congratulations!!!

$ spent on front bimini will definitely save me from an unhappy wife :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back