Anchor attachment ???

Bull

Reaction score
Folks,

I am embarrassed to ask this one......

I took delivery of the 2250 GSR 150 ESP today and was

transferring all the old stuff from my last boat,,,got to the anchor and asked the tech if it

best to attach the rope to the cleat or the middle toon.

He said NOT to go to the toon.

Later the salesman said to go directly to the toon.....

My question.....Does it matter ?

I prefer to go from the middle of the boat.

On a side note, if I an go to the middle toon is anyone using any special devise for doing so...

Thanks for all your time

Al..

Semper-Fi

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it matters...........I added another cleat specifically to attach the anchor on the front portside of our pontoon boat........I also use the aft starboard side cleat to attach the rear anchor to prevent swinging or the pendulum effect.............

I have electric off bow, but use the cleat for rear secondary anchor.

Make sure to use a clip if using toon eye as you will end up fraying the rope and bye bye anchor ......

we use a tow line for a tube hook each end to a cleat and the anchor in the middle this works good for us out in 2 footers fishen

I anchor in 2-3' on lake Erie, using the cleat.

we anchor off the center toon all the time with a second river anchor off the back cleat to keep fom swinging.

We went to the Tampa Boat Show yesterday, and stepped on a lot of boats. The Bennington's were one of the first boats we pondered - walked the show - ended the show by hammering specifics with the sales rep. We're 99% there ...

I'm very curious about the electric bow anchor set up. That sounds pretty slick. I'll search this forum for pics, but if you could point me in the right direction, that'd be great too ...

We went to the Tampa Boat Show yesterday, and stepped on a lot of boats. The Bennington's were one of the first boats we pondered - walked the show - ended the show by hammering specifics with the sales rep. We're 99% there ...

I'm very curious about the electric bow anchor set up. That sounds pretty slick. I'll search this forum for pics, but if you could point me in the right direction, that'd be great too ...
Here's my set up

ps you might want to change fonts. Maybe it's just me but that's really hard to read ?????

Yeah I love it. Switch is on side of raised helm just above speaker. So easy to drop and retrieve now. I find myself stopping and fishing more spots now due to ease of anchoring.

You can see the switch in this pic.

My fishing is mostly in the flats in the Gulf and usually try to anchor in 4 to 8 feet of water. I decided to go with the Power Pole Blade. I will probably have a small box anchor on board for times that we might be in deeper water.

i would love to see a pic of your setup! Just seems cool. Hehe

What is a Power Pole Blade?

Once again SemperFi, thanks for the info although I should have just googled it

What's Google ...... :lol:

Here are some pictures of the boat.  Now I have to learn how to use all the equipment.

Nice setup there abypfcs. Hopefully you'll get onto the fish soon and post up some pics!

Back