Anchor

Ouch ..... If you are handy, I'm thinking you could make something coparable for about 50-75 bucks.

2 pcs of 3-4 foot aluminum c channel to bolt across 3-4 joists and a piece of aluminum plate to cover, or better yet, space the c-channel so you could mount the anchor plate directly to it ..... then again I'm a tinkerer and cheapskate .... bad combo !!!! :p

JUST BE CAREFUL of anything sticking out farther than the front of your toon log, you could end up with more damage than a couple holes in the deck if you run it into the dock or something .......

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Padre. I would be interested in some pics and how it mounts to the rear of the toon, etc. Website isn't too detailed. Thanks Gerry

Gerry,

Unfortunately my boat is still under wraps at the marina and won't be uncovered until next month. :( Maybe I can find the directions, scan them and post them.

Yup. I ordered http://whiteloon.com...he-anchor-ledge for my new 22SSFX. It is a heavy duty unit, well made.
Quick question Padre..........

Does that anchor ledge only attach to the rear of the toon? Reason being I was always taught to anchor from the bow and not the stern when only using 1 anchor........... I do use 2 anchors. The main one in the bow and another one in the opposite aft corner to prevent the toon from swinging..................

Quick question Padre..........

Does that anchor ledge only attach to the rear of the toon? Reason being I was always taught to anchor from the bow and not the stern when only using 1 anchor........... I do use 2 anchors. The main one in the bow and another one in the opposite aft corner to prevent the toon from swinging..................
Not as big an issue with a toon, bow riders will swamp the transom, but a toon can't swamp or sink like a regular boat

..... then again I'm a tinkerer and cheapskate .... bad combo !!!! :p .
Ha ha. I always thought being a cheapskate MADE you a tinkerer. Or was that being a tinkerer makes you a cheapskate? Either way, I'd say they go hand in hand. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

At work years ago (building material supplier) I was a dumpster diver. I'd wAit till they threw out good stuff, doors, flooring, drywall, etc ..... All new just written off, and in I'd go and pull it out......

I finished my basement family room with all free or clearance items..... NOTHING was full price ..... Hey, that's why I could afford the Benny, and even that was blow out end of season price !!!! :)

That's awesome! A lot of people don't get it, but there's a satisfaction when making something from nothing, especially if it looks professional or store bought, that transcends the money saved...

Gerry, Yes, the ledge only goes on the back. I have talked with the guy who makes them (if you email him, he'll give you a great deal on the ledge, you won't have to pay retail), he also owns the WhiteLoon site and will give you a deal on the anchor winch and thrown in the remote. No affiliation by the way.

But, back to your question. Yes, as of now, only on the back. Geewest had posted an anchor winch that attaches underneath the bow. I know lots of folks who do just as you are asking, that is, anchor off the bow and stern.

I'm still gonna' look for those instructions.!

What type of anchor do you all use? Our dealer recommended a small box anchor. We just picked up our 2375 GSW.

What type of anchor do you all use? Our dealer recommended a small box anchor. We just picked up our 2375 GSW.
We use the small box anchor. It's great in most every condition and stores flat in the storage bag.

Thanks!

Not as big an issue with a toon, bow riders will swamp the transom, but a toon can't swamp or sink like a regular boat
Thanks Semper and yes my first boat was a bowrider...........

Gerry, Yes, the ledge only goes on the back. I have talked with the guy who makes them (if you email him, he'll give you a great deal on the ledge, you won't have to pay retail), he also owns the WhiteLoon site and will give you a deal on the anchor winch and thrown in the remote. No affiliation by the way.

But, back to your question. Yes, as of now, only on the back. Geewest had posted an anchor winch that attaches underneath the bow. I know lots of folks who do just as you are asking, that is, anchor off the bow and stern.

I'm still gonna' look for those instructions.!
Thanks Padre. Yes, the fellow is right on the ball. He texted me from his phone within a 1/2 hour of my initial e-mail. I sent him a pic of my RCW. It won't fit on those because of the extended deck. His has to be flush with the pontoon he says. Thanks anyway. Just hate drilling holes. (except for oil) Gerry

Padre...have you installed this yet? Do you also have the trac anchor? I'm thinking about the Minn Kota electric anchor.

The dealer installed it with the Trac. I will get pictures in a few weeks when I pick up my boat! Yeah!

Back