Another new Bennington Owner Joins the "Club"

LMBENNINGTON

Reaction score
Hi group,

I've been a high performance pontoon owner for many years, but never had a Bennington,  

I will be taking delivery of a new 2015 2550 RSR w/ 300HP Yamaha tomorrow. Having this forum available was one of the reasons I chose Bennington over some other brands.  Looking forward to reading and contributing to the discussions when possible.

Thanks.

Lesson number one.

INSPECT AND DRIVE THE BOAT BEFORE YOU PAY FOR IT OR SIGN LOAN PAPERS.

There's 100+ posts on here about folks who bought it, got it home and then found something wrong. He who has the gold makes the rules.

Enjoy your new boat, I took delivery of a 2014 2375 RCW with 250HP Yami last August. Boat has been great for our family. Only complaint...NOT ENOUGH boating days!!

Congrats, but please remember, PICS, or it aint true.  :D

Congratulations LMBennington, if I were buying today I think the RSR would be my choice as well.  Nice motor choice as well.  Can't wait to hear about your color choices and to see the pictures

Hi group,

I've been a high performance pontoon owner for many years, but never had a Bennington,  

I will be taking delivery of a new 2015 2550 RSR w/ 300HP Yamaha tomorrow. Having this forum available was one of the reasons I chose Bennington over some other brands.  Looking forward to reading and contributing to the discussions when possible.

Thanks.
Congrats... can't wait to see pics when you take delivery. We just took delivery of our 2015 2375 RCW this year and absolutely love it.

The boat was pre-spec'd, but like most everything it has.  The power top is something I could have lived without. I'm planning to replace trailer support arms with full length bars to eliminate the falling top when opening boot in radar position and I will fabricate a good looking transom cover from diamond plate aluminum to eliminate fear of disappearing children on swim platform.  I did the transom cover on another boat.  Part of the work involves the purchase of a wrist band to put on throttle as reminder NOT to trim the engine until the cover is removed!

One thing the boat does not have that we sometimes (rarely) need is a changing room.  This was my solution to that problem - http://www.amazon.com/Fancierstudio-Portable-Changing-Dressing-Fitting/dp/B005OKMTWI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1442420439&sr=8-5&keywords=photo+changing+tent

I'll get some pics in the water when I can, but as you will see, the boat will look exactly the same from the deck up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and enjoy the new boat!

Jack

Beautiful boat.  Congrats.

One thing the boat does not have that we sometimes (rarely) need is a changing room.  This was my solution to that problem - http://www.amazon.com/Fancierstudio-Portable-Changing-Dressing-Fitting/dp/B005OKMTWI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1442420439&sr=8-5&keywords=photo+changing+tent
Great boat!  I've got the same boat and motor just a little shorter.  For our family the RSR is a perfect fit!

I like your changing room solution.  I was not going to pay $750 for the option and have a shorter lounge (on the 2350RSR anyway) for something that we rarely used as well.

I didn't see where you are from, but hopefully you'll get some use out of it this season yet.

Congrats on the new toon and welcome to the forum. We have friends of ours coming in from North Augusta, sc today.

Nice boat & congratulations!!    :)

Great boat, congrats!

That will be one sweet ride! Enjoy!

Welcome to the Forum!  Glad that you joined us.

I love that layout!!!! In my opinion the best one out there.

Put ~6.5hrs on over the weekend.  It's a great boat.  I'm still in the break in period and with family on board / bimini up, I didn't get a chance to run it too hard. 

What do you guys think of the 14.5 x 17 aluminum prop that's on it now?  Feel like it needs a 15 with that HP.  I tried searching and saw some 250HP + running 14.5 and 15.  I guess I can wait and see what it hits top end then decide.  The dealer tech did run it WOT briefly during the pre-delivery checklist work and noted 5900 RPM was being achieved. 

The dealer I bought from is near a stumpy lake so they order all their boats with aluminum props.  Thanks. 

Back