Any Tips for parking on a 120 inch Shorestation Lift

ukstu33

Reaction score
This is the first year with a lift for the pontoon.  I've managed to get the boat on without incident (probably more luck than skill at this point in time) but my wife is nervous about taking the boat out with the kids or guest now when I'm not home for fear of not being able to park it.

Suggestions?

What is your setup? I have the 6000-120 hydraulic with the triple poly v bunks, side poly guides, and 2 vertical pads on the entry posts. It just slides right into place. I also have a rear motor stop so you can't drive over it. It all fits. The biggest enemy is cross wind but the will true of anything.

My lift is the SSV40120 with two sets of the ultra bunks and guides and rear motor stop.  What I don't have are the 2 vertical pads on the entry post.  That would probably ease her mind.  Where did you get your vertical pads?  Nice boat in your picture.  I just have a low end 2013 SLX with 32 inch eliptical toons.

There are really not any "low end" Benningtons.  Plus the kids don't care how plush the padding is, they are having fun on the water.

ukstu, only one way to do that, practice...practice...practice.  Go out with her and dock, back out and dock over and over, she will get the hang of it

The pads are Shorestation so your lift dealer should be able to help you out.

Practice, Practice Practice. It was pretty windy this weekend and once you get a feel for it it won't be a problem. You'll learn to calculate your drift from wind and bring it in perfectly. And don't be a show off, take your time. I enter our lift on a north to south direction so I always get westerly winds trying to throw me off. It feels odd initially aiming feet over from your target at times but sometimes it is needed. Good luck. Search GOPRO and you'll find a video of TomS pulling his sweet toon into his lift. I'd post it but this computer does not agree with this forum.

I missed that before TomS, What a great setup!

Great video!! I really wish I had a setup like that! Thanks for posting!

Back