Anyone ever get an e-mail from Bennington like this?

Indian_Lake_Bum

Reaction score
Like the title says I received an e-mail from what appears to be Bennington but it seems a little out of the ordinary.  I know we had some warranty work done on our boat this past fall (replaced failing carpet) but most of the communication with Bennington was either through our dealer or through their facebook page. 

Here's a copy of the e-mail I received:

Dear Valued Consumer,

Thank you for taking the time to open and read this email. We value your time and respect your online privacy. Therefore, we would like to request your permission to allow Bennington Marine to communicate with you by email.

If you'd like to continue receiving our communications simply do nothing. However, if you prefer not to receive email from Bennington Marine, please click here.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

System Administrator

Bennington Marine
2805 Decio Dr
Elkhart, IN.
(574) 246-6336

I got one too. Great company.

I'm going to weigh in as wary.

The phone number in the signature or the message doesn't connect to BM at all. At least, not according to my research.

Proceed with caution while I investigate further.

What is the possible nefarious purpose of this? It's legit. This is their way of officially having you opt in to receive emails. It's to stay compliant with anti spam laws.

Indian Lake Bum, you have likely been unsubscribed from Bennington's list by posting that link therefore allowing anyone who sees this thread to click on it. It is an individualized link connected to your email address on file with Bennington. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the same email

I did not get one ,you may be unsubscribing an IP address 

I got one as well, didn't pay attention to it

Received mine yesterday. Liked the new brochure. They have some very nice toons coming out.

I received one also, then I received a survey about my boat including Its serial number.

I also received it. States that if you don't do anything, you'll keep receiving the emails. No big deal.

Hello All,

Yes, this is a legitimate email from Bennington Administration to meet compliance guidelines regarding spam.   Unfortunately, there was a typo in the phone number.   264, not 246.

The good news is that over 6,000 folks have already clicked through to the 2016 brochure!   Dream On!

TB

Back