Anyone w/GSR Tri-Toons Taking on Water??

With the right conditions a sudden slowing of the motor will cause the bow to dip and the possibility of water coming over the bow

Pull your anchor up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got my boat yesterday, I have the same configuration minus the tri toon and I have zero issue with taking on water. I am surprised at how well my boat sits up out of the water and gets to plane FAST.....Sorry to hear about your issues

Our 2014 gsr2250 with a 150 on the back sits bow high (not a lot but is noticeable difference).  We have had 3 in the front, 1 in the back and people in both the captain/co-captain chairs along with a large cooler up by the port side lounger and never had any water come up over the front.  Granted our lake isn't that deep or normally rough......unless there are a lot of tubers and skiers out on the lake then it can get a bit choppy.    About the only water that has ever splashed into the boat is when you cut through someones wake with a heavy cross wind then you might get a little spray but that's it.  With the 150 and lifting strakes you can get up on plane rather quick and just seems to glide over the water.  So far we are loving our new boat!

100_0407_zpsbf14a895.jpg

A good pic from last weekend at the lake

100_0418_zpsf05be3fc.jpg

Back