AO coolers

jsur

Reaction score
Who has insight? What is a good size? Do they work well? Anybody with their backpack version? Will they keep food and drink cold on a 90 degree day on the water in Wisconsin? Anybody with experience both with this and yeti or other extreme cooler?

We bought the family pack last year and have used them several times.  They keep things cold, the ice lasts and they don't sweat.  They take getting used to because they are not a square box.  They work great for drinks but are not as good for transporting food from home to the lake house.  They are like a large purse in their design.  They are as not as heavy as a Yeti nor crush proof.  I think they work great for taking beverages boating.  If I was packing food for a trip i would use something else. 

TomS set up that deal and did so because he was so impressed with the quality.  As for size like everything else it depends on you and how you are going to use it.  For those that out on the lake all day and also pack food I would have to think the largest that is available.  For me I just have a small cooler as it fits my needs.

I have a 12 deluxe and 24 deluxe which meet my needs because I live right on the lake and don't need to haul a lot of stuff. It fits right in the coffee table, replacing the supplied one exactly. As mentioned, great for drinks. We generally put food in hard plastic containers as needed, before putting them in the coolers and it works great. I just prefer soft sided coolers in the boats to keep things from getting banged up.

Who has insight? What is a good size? Do they work well? Anybody with their backpack version? Will they keep food and drink cold on a 90 degree day on the water in Wisconsin? Anybody with experience both with this and yeti or other extreme cooler?
JSur, I have 2 of the 36 and 2 of the 48. They are awesome!!!! Yes they will hold ice for a good 48 hrs in 90 degree Wis summer. I'm in WI!!!

Off call, I like the name. Being on call is never fun. I am going to pick some up, just trying to decide on the sizes. They now have a stow n go size and a backpack size. I don't have the boat yet, but have a 2350 rbr on order. I am looking for the sizes that might fit in some of the compartments on the boat. I will probably wait and take measurements.

Jsur you are 100% correct being on call sucks!! We have a 25 RCW with tower and coolers go behind captains chair. They work well!!!

Back