Arch vs Tower

Jack M

Reaction score
Since the new brochure's are not yet out and the Bennington site does not have pics of the 2014's yet .

.What is the difference between the Arch and the Tower ? Can some one explain or show me a pic ( the sketches are no help to me )  if possible 

Thanks in advance .

I have most likely been looking in the wrong place ,

watch a pic come up in no time 

Are you referring to the hybrid Bimini? Or sport arch vs. tower?

That is the problem ,I don't know . Right now I am looking at the tower . I would like to see the difference .

Looking for looks or functionality? I really like the hybrid top but I think the mounting needs improvement. Derrick can chime in on the tower life. I know there are still unresolved cover issues with them.

Cover issues on the arch or the tower ?

Most likely looks ,last season we  put the Bimini up one time just to see how it worked ,never used it at all .

The photo on the build site is showing the tower for both. There is an arch pictured in the 2013 brochure. Only a couple pages in on the left.

Thanks ,Andy .I found it 

I have to be looking in the wrong place .

The Bennington Marine ,gallery or the owners forum ?

Thanks 

Is the the one you are referring to ? Thanks .That does help .
index4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These are 2013 's but now we are getting some where .  Tower is first ,arch is second 
index7.jpg

index14.jpg

If I remember correctly, tower folds, arch doesn't.

Just an FYI ....... Double check me .....

I have no clue ,and the build site doesn't give that type of information .

Lots of questions not many answers .

Tower does not fold, the visible difference is the arch has a bimini top that folds out(you can see the strut coming off the rear, the tower is always out. Also tower has an actual tow point on it, not actually sure if the arch is a tow point or just the anchor light. Tower also comes with the stereo upgrade whereas the arch has nothing added. As for the playpen cover issue, I was told Tumac was supposed to be done a fix as of Nov. 27th, haven't seen or heard anything, so I'll believe it when I see it!  All that being said, LOVE my tower. It is solid, not rattle or anything while under way, it is well built.

I had it in the back of my mind that the Arch does not support towing. I couldn't find anything to verify it, but the comment above makes me wonder. I'd definitely verify that. If it's just for looks, why bother?

I'd get the hybrid for just looks before the arch. Just my .02

So is that hybrid a 3rd option ? Any pics ?

We don't tube or ski ,so I don't believe I need the tower .

I do like the looks ,and we never used the Bimini last season .

Bennington needs to get the 2014 brochures out .

The hybrid seems really lightweight in comparison but there are no other compromises in terms of interior amenities like the true tower boats.

If the choice was between the arch and the hybrid, I think I would take the arch every day of the week. Now, I haven't seen either in person, and maybe that would sway my decision, but to me the hybrid doesn't jive. There is no flow to it. I don't really understand the design idea behind it. I know there was something about storing towables and stuff, but I just don't PERSONALLY see that as a great solution. Now as I said, I have never had a chance to study the design or see it in actual use, but if you had been using your tube already, you'd get soaked putting it up there, not to mention all the water that would be running off when you stop. Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of it and how it works, if so I apologize, but the arch at least looks more sporty IMHO.

Back