Arch vs Tower

OK ,I saw hybrid ,so there are 3 options .

I need to see the arch and hybrid in person .

Now the question is where ?

My dealer has one  S model on the floor ,the rest of his floor space is taken up by snowmobiles.

I can't post links anymore but if you go on youtube, and search by "bennington sps" a video should appear for a" 2014 2375 gcw g23 with hybrid arch Lodders Marine"

This shows it in action if that helps.

Derrick,

I thought the tower has bolts that if removed allows it to fold down? Wasn't yours folded when it was delivered?

Nope, it gets shipped fully upright. There are 4 hex bolts that connect the top and the bottom, but it is not designed to fold. If you did undo 2 and pivot it forward, it would hit your helm and actually be taller than it is already. I wish it could fold, similar to the Skylon products used on MB Sports boats, but it doesn't.

Here is the link to the video, interesting. I would be interested to see how the hybrid works with a real tube, like a 3 person when it's wet. The bars seem a little bit.......well, little.

I can't post links anymore but if you go on youtube, and search by "bennington sps" a video should appear for a" 2014 2375 gcw g23 with hybrid arch Lodders Marine"

This shows it in action if that helps.
Here is the link to the video, interesting. I would be interested to see how the hybrid works with a real tube, like a 3 person when it's wet. The bars seem a little bit.......well, little.

Andy,Derrick ,Thanks for the videos .Does any one know it the Bimini completely retracts ? We don't want to have to got to the front of the boat to get some sun .

Here is another video of the hybrid arch ,still can't tell if it retracts .

Well based on my completely uneducated ideas, no it doesn't and can't retract. If you take a few minutes and study Toms pics, there is no way for it to retract. Which is the same as the sport Tower. The tubular supports going across it don't appear to have any kind of hinge points. Just an observed guess though.

Believe it or not that is exactly what I was doing  just now .

I can;t see a way how it could collapse .

If that is the case there is no way an arch or tower will work for us .

They still offer the non hybrid arch on the build site . Does that one collapse ?

The problem with that one is that there is no option for paint ,it  only lists anodized .

We would like it the same color as the panels .

After what I went through last year ,

I don't want to order one then 3 weeks later have to cancel and reorder .

We better start working on design for those jackets . :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe it or not that is exactly what I was doing  just now .

I can;t see a way how it could collapse .

If that is the case there is no way an arch or tower will work for us .

They still offer the non hybrid arch on the build site . Does that one collapse ?

The problem with that one is that there is no option for paint ,it  only lists anodized .

We would like it the same color as the panels .

After what I went through last year ,

I don't want to order one the 3 weeks later have to cancel and reorder .

We better start working on design for those jackets . :D
Sorry, just want to keep our terminology straight so we keep talking about the same thing. So because the BIMINI of the Sport Tower and Hybrid don't collapse, they are out, so you are leaning towards the Sport Arch because the bimini collapses, correct? 

If I'm speaking from my own 15 hours of use haha, I don't remember the Tower creating THAT much shade on the rear loungers, the helm, definitely.  Maybe the sun was usually at our rear!! Haha, but that is a huge price jump, I still like the look of the sport Arch, a little sportier than just the bimini.

Sorry, just want to keep our terminology straight so we keep talking about the same thing. So because the BIMINI of the Sport Tower and Hybrid don't collapse, they are out, so you are leaning towards the Sport Arch because the bimini collapses, correct? 

If I'm speaking from my own 15 hours of use haha, I don't remember the Tower creating THAT much shade on the rear loungers, the helm, definitely.  Maybe the sun was usually at our rear!! Haha, but that is a huge price jump, I still like the look of the sport Arch, a little sportier than just the bimini.
Correct ,we don't use the Bimini at all . We only opened it once ,and that was to see how it worked . If they don't collapse the boss says we have would have to stay traditional or it is a no go . 

I thought for sure the  Sport arch ( listed as anodized only ) collapsed ,I would hope that they could paint it for me .

If you send me your email address I have a bunch of hybrid tower and bimini pictures I could send directly to you from the open house.

Tom

Here we go, next question .

The arch so far does what we want  , fold the Bimini into a closed position .

Now I am thinking ahead to winter storage .

Does the arch fold down when needed ?

Thanks again .

This is a complete guess, but, yes and no. It isn't meant to be folded often, based on if you have to get out an Alan key each time, not to mention that I don't think there is anywhere to support it if you were towing it in the down position. But, I think if it is put together the same as the Sport Tower, you could do it. It would be substantially lighter, and also much more compact when removed. My tower still takes up a ton of room just sitting on the floor. You might have an issue if you want to just "fold" it and leave semi attached as you wouldn't be able to put your playpen cover on unless you securely tied the tower to the rafters so it just hung there, but that might be a little scary for a whole storage season.

This is a complete guess, but, yes and no. It isn't meant to be folded often, based on if you have to get out an Alan key each time, not to mention that I don't think there is anywhere to support it if you were towing it in the down position. But, I think if it is put together the same as the Sport Tower, you could do it. It would be substantially lighter, and also much more compact when removed. My tower still takes up a ton of room just sitting on the floor. You might have an issue if you want to just "fold" it and leave semi attached as you wouldn't be able to put your playpen cover on unless you securely tied the tower to the rafters so it just hung there, but that might be a little scary for a whole storage season.
I have no where to store it ,it will stay indoors at the marina .

Back