Bad day at the lake

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
I got sunburn really bad .......... That is all. .......... :)

Same fate here! And to think we were all complaining about the cold not too long ago.

Don't they always say a bad day on the lake is better than a good day anywhere else?  Or something like that...

Sleet is in the forecast for Friday up here . :angry:   

Well we had snow for mother's day. Yup, enough that they closed the highway to my lake! It's since been reopened, but this is frigging ridiculous.  So with that Dave, I hope your sunburn peels!!! Haha jk

Saw the snow on your FB couldn't believe it Bulldog.  Makes me wonder how sane you could possibly be going all in on pontoon boat as a hobby, perhaps you should have considered the luge instead :p

You can't wear out you boats up there. The season must be July 4th. We've been boating since Late March. The Lake Temp on Fri was 74. Just wondering, with ice still on some of the lakes do you know how to swim or do you ever get a chance to try it out?

I didn't get a chance to drop the Benny in the water this weekend but did get it all uncovered and shined up nicely. A few spots of spider doo that just would not come out of the ivory fabric no matter how much scrubbing was done. :(  This fall I think I will be wrapping everything in saran wrap that I can before shrink wrapping her and putting away in storage.

Did get some good color in my Irish skin cooking out, hunting morels, and knocking out chores after the harsh Michigan winter. Can't wait to start hammering the largemouth! Oh so soon!

Somehow I got sunburned laying under the boat for four hours. (1/2 way done) And it sure was not the reflection from the dull toons. I did not drop her in the water due to 25 mph winds on Saturday and Tornado warnings and hail on Mothers Day. 

Sat morning after the mooring cover fell apart, I was under the house with my feet sticking out replacing the plumbing to a toilet that exploded due to the cold weather this winter.  The rain really was bad but the gumball sized hail really pissed me off.  Then I get home yesterday and had to remove the tick that was having a feeding frenzy. 

Somehow I got sunburned laying under the boat for four hours. (1/2 way done) And it sure was not the reflection from the dull toons. I did not drop her in the water due to 25 mph winds on Saturday and Tornado warnings and hail on Mothers Day. 
What were you doing under there?

Power washer?

Sat morning after the mooring cover fell apart, I was under the house with my feet sticking out replacing the plumbing to a toilet that exploded due to the cold weather this winter.  The rain really was bad but the gumball sized hail really pissed me off.  Then I get home yesterday and had to remove the tick that was having a feeding frenzy. 
Ugh, don't even mention ticks to me! I grew up in Thompson and had never seen nor heard of a tick! Then I moved here and the things disgust me. I just hate that I never had a care in the world, would wander through the bush at the golf course all day looking for golf balls (I was like 11 so new ones were too expensive so we would just go find all the ones people like Mark would hook or slice into the bush!!) I'm more worried about my dogs though, wish I could take them through all the trails around here.

Man I am glad we don't have weather like that here in south west louisana. I just park the Benny jump in the excel and go fishin marshes. We had a snow flurry (that's what I called it) bridges iced up, the whole state was shut down. You couldn't get from laje charles to Lafayette r Lafayette to New Orleans ALL of I-10 closed all my buddies and my brother working in gulf were stuck out there helicopters not even coast guard would fly their copters didn't have heated blades down here. And ones that took crew boats had to stay at docks, one of my cousin took a 2 he drive back turned into 9 hrs going around all closed rds Brrrr I wouldnt last a week up there oh they also canceled all school. And it was really no snow just a lil ice

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Bulldog you wont be finding mine very often.  Usually play same ball for 9 holes then retire it, save them and give them to one of the kids in the neighborhood

Yeah Mark, I guess they are hard to loose on the putt putt course.

Only when they go in the clown's nose

Back