Bad news just got worse.

9 Grand

Reaction score
It's official. Our marina docks won't be floating this year because of severe drought. They are planning to move some of the docks to another part of the lake as an alternative. This is only the second time this has happened in my 25 years of boating on this lake.

The last time in 2001 was devastating to this small community.

The worse news is a toxic algae has just been discovered in the lake and they have issued an advisory for no swimming or skin contact. 

Ouch. That sucks. I didn't know the PNW was getting hit as bad as the rest of the west. 

It's official. Our marina docks won't be floating this year because of severe drought. They are planning to move some of the docks to another part of the lake as an alternative. This is only the second time this has happened in my 25 years of boating on this lake.

The last time in 2001 was devastating to this small community.

The worse news is a toxic algae has just been discovered in the lake and they have issued an advisory for no swimming or skin contact. 
So sorry to hear 

I wish things improve out west 

Unfortunately it looks doubtful.............

The record drought plaguing California isn’t limited by lines on a map. Arid conditions caused by dwindling rainfall and snowpack are stretching across the West.

In Washington’s Yakima Valley, popular for growing wine grapes and beer hops, officials are cutting off water to about 1,700 farmers for three weeks starting today. At Lake Mead, east of Las Vegas, a 130-foot white band lines canyon walls as water sinks to the lowest since the reservoir was filled in 1937.

“California has gotten the attention, and rightly so,” said Roger Pulwarty, director of the National Integrated Drought Information System at the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration. “Across most of the West, dry conditions are expected to persist.”

“In the California and Nevada region, this is among the worst we’ve seen it in the last 120 years or so.”

Desalination And Limited Growth !

The New Reality For The West 

Last edited by a moderator:
Knew there were problems out West but did not realize how bad it is.  Hope things improve in the near future

I saw pictures online today of a 600 slip floating marina in California sitting in mud.  It was really sad.

In your case in Oregon, I just hope there's another lake around with water in it.

We're so fortunate on the Tennessee River to have sufficient rain water in the Great Smoky Mountains that keeps us at full pool every day of the year.  A great decrease in water flow would wreak havoc on power plants, huge industrial complexes and jobs along the 650 mile navigable length of the river.  And many satellites might remain on the ground without rockets transported by The River.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish we could send some of the rain we have been getting your way!

Jack

Back