Battery Recommendations

First Timer

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I’m new at this forum stuff. I’ve been reading this forum for approximately a year and have learned so much!! Just recently joined. I purchased a 2012 RCW 2575 last year. LOVE IT. It still has the original battery. I picked up a jump box for safety. Just wondering what you recommend for a replacement when it comes time. Thank You.

I prefer to keep two cheaper batteries on the boat. The better of the two becomes the starting battery. The other becomes the house. I installed a charging relay to keep them charged and to isolate them during use, but I can always jump start the starting battery from the house battery if I need to. The grounds of both batteries are connected (required for the charging relay to work) so all I need to jump them is a two foot section of heavy wire.

I keep the starting battery relatively new, but for the house (stereo) battery I just rotate though the latest car battery that died. We have 5 cars. They die in the winter due to the cold, but still work great in the summer due to the heat. When the next car battery dies, it becomes the house battery for the boat, and the old house battery gets traded in for the new car battery. I treat the starting battery on the boat the same as a car battery. When it gets old, it rotates though the house position just like dead car batteries do.

I like squeezing every ounce of life out of my batteries, but still want my boat to start!

The best boat battery I ever had was an..... "Interstate"!!!

Back