Bennington hard to reach. Won't reply

vfpoole

Reaction score
Has anyone had the problem of Bennington not replying to messages. Instead of resolving a problem they keep referring me to a dealer.

I can't answer your question directly but here is the situation. All of their customer facing support is through the dealer network to whom Bennington provides very strong support via a small customer service function. This organization simply isn't scaled to support questions from the thousands of individual owners out there now. If the dealer isn't able to resolve an issue to your satisfaction first, then there are alternatives to escalate through Bennington as appropriate. Hope that helps.

If you are using the contact us page on their website, it finds the nearest dealer and forwards your info to them.  It is automatic and I don't know if Bennington ever looks at them. 

vfpoole, there are many knowledgeable people on this forum.  If appropriate post your problem here and see if some of our gurus can help you

If you are using the contact us page on their website, it finds the nearest dealer and forwards your info to them.  It is automatic and I don't know if Bennington ever looks at them. 
This is pretty much the norm in most industries.  The manufacturer has a customer base, and will be reluctant to over-step their accounts.  If a customer cannot be handled by the dealer, it may eventually wind up with the manufacturer.

Ok, vfpoole whats going on?

I see that this is your first post, and you haven't even told us what model and year your toon is.

As TomS pointed out, there are proper channels to go through, and as Link pointed out, some of us may be able to help you, but we need to know what is going on first.

Now, step back, take a deep breath, and tell us what's wrong  ;)

I also have to point out that this is an owners forum, and that Bennington does not monitor it (that's what the moderators do) so it is not intended to be a direct link to Bennington.

+1 what they all said. If you let us know what your boat is and the problem you're having, I'm sure we can find a solution. As was said, this is an owners forum, not a direct link to the company.

What's the challenge? 

WOW, I feel empowered and engaged!

Guess vfpoole isn't coming back to the forum. Guess he thinks everyone at Bennington should drop what their doing and kneel down to this guy.  You must go through channels if after a reasonable time you've gotten nowhere you try another tactic. Letter writing works.

It'd do good for him to list his problems here. He could be helped from someone. My guess we've all been through what ever his difficulty is.

I have posted all my issues here .

It has been 12 days for me and Bennington has Not responded to my dealer .

So what do you do now ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys:  Jack is the one that had the boat with the severe ventilation problem.  He thinks he may be a 20" lower unit on a transom built for a 25" motor.

I'm certainly not making excuses for anyone, but your dealer should be able to get to the bottom of such a problem--if just by comparing your transom height with others on the lot.  Everyone is in the height of their season, and service seems to always get slow this time of the year in the marine business.

Motor is fine that is a prop issue .

I had previously posted that Mercury verified that by serial number

Bennington has not responded to the issues that my dealer called in .

If so many issues were not getting out the door ,this topic might not even be here .

I have 8 not counting the cavitation which the dealer will correct .

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/3804-rcw-walk-through/

One's dealer is their first point of contact. It's tough to wait for a reply, but remember folks, this is BM's busiest time of year. That said, more than a week's wait seems long to me.

If you have been waiting more than 14 days, I think a phone call to Customer Service is in order. A Google search will get you a phone number to BM..... I just did so.

This site, other than seeking input from other owners, is NOT one's link to BM.

If you are unsatisfied, you should be having a heart to heart conversation with the owner of your dealership.

I do deal with the owner .It is a small family run dealer  .If Bennington is not responding to him ,other than making a call myself there is nothing left  for me to do at this time .

Problem is how are all these issues getting out the door ?

Mine was ordered in December ,not their busy time .

I try to stay out of these as my dealer/B experience was much different and each situation is unique, some good some bad. All are emotional with so much invested.

One thing that worked for me was a joint call of my dealer, myself, and the Bennington RSM. They normally would talk directly about sales matters so maintain a good rapport, open line. They can sometimes intervene on service issues if necessary. Worth a shot. Either way an open forum is not the best route.

Dealer can't fix a missing part ( bimini hardware and boot ) until Bennington ships it .

Believe it or not I am trying to stay positive .Until  I see others that also have issues that are not getting resolved either .

Back