Bennington Spotted !!!!!

Iraq 69

Reaction score
Hey All,

The Admiral and I took the Bennie out on Table Rock Lake for a while and we spotted another Regatta Blue with either bronze or silver. We were just puttzing along and it went by us pretty fast waving like crazy. We were between point marker 15 an 16 heading toward Mill Creek. The time was about 4:15 pm or so. If you are on this forum, say Hi!! Your boat looks great!!

Marc

Hey Iraq,

How are you liking your new toon? We're waiting on the same setup!

Jason

The first bennington on our lake was put in today. There were 6 new benningtons on our lake last year and I'm the only one on here. Hopefully you find out who it was.

When I had a gto there were spotted threads all the time.

Hey SnakeByte,

We LOVE our boat. We only have 5 hours on it due to bad weather and work schedules. I have no idea what the WOT speed is but it is fast and with 3 adults, full fuel and junk, it runs 5900 rpm.

The top goes up fast and with little effort and the cover goes on and off in just minutes. The fit and finish is great and it handles great. Even with rough water some times, not an issue. My list of things to have adjusted at the 20 hour service is small. The trim gauge does not work sometimes, the steering is real slow needing lots of turns and the control stick for throttle and gear selection moves about 20 to 30 degrees before adding gas and the throttle will not stay in the WOT position, it slides back to about 4000.

We are very happy with the purchase and am sure you will be too.

Hope you get it soon!!

Marc 

The throttle on our Honda is the same with lots of movement off of neutral before more throttle. There is a friction adjustment screw for the lever tension which is no big deal. How many turn from lock to lock is your steering? It should be about 3 1/2 to 4. There might be air in the system. Sounds like a nice boat.

Hey SnakeByte,

We LOVE our boat. We only have 5 hours on it due to bad weather and work schedules. I have no idea what the WOT speed is but it is fast and with 3 adults, full fuel and junk, it runs 5900 rpm.

The top goes up fast and with little effort and the cover goes on and off in just minutes. The fit and finish is great and it handles great. Even with rough water some times, not an issue. My list of things to have adjusted at the 20 hour service is small. The trim gauge does not work sometimes, the steering is real slow needing lots of turns and the control stick for throttle and gear selection moves about 20 to 30 degrees before adding gas and the throttle will not stay in the WOT position, it slides back to about 4000.

We are very happy with the purchase and am sure you will be too.

Hope you get it soon!!

Marc 
Excellent.  Thanks for the info...getting more anxious!

I posted a picture of the tension screw two years ago for a Mercury control. The extra play in the throttle is by design so you don't accidentally give it throttle when shifting. You will have to learn to live with that.

My wife and I went out for a 2 hour boat ride today and got to a cove on Lake Henderson and there docked was a very new red Bennington.  I don't think there is any other member on the forum from Inverness.  Oh, and also spotted a cute little 5 foot alligator.  We don't see them that often on our lakes, but I know they are there.

To me, this message board is a very helpful tool for any Bennington or pontoon owner.  Of course, not everyone is into the internet and message boards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back