Bennington SPS Videos

My pics show I have the same flange, so I don't know what the deal now. It will have to wait until spring as I don't have video of what I'm talking about. My spray is the same on both sides, but it spits up a lot more as I recall, and does not shoot straight out like the video above...

You have a 150 right ?That is a 115 in the video .

Here is another .

If I am not mistaken that flange is part of the transom .

At least it was on my SLX
I usually refer to the transom as the back verticle plane of the pod, and the other three sides the motor pod, but I could be wrong. I think we're taking about the same thing though.

I believe we are .

Could it be the difference in the prop ?

I usually refer to the transom as the back verticle plane of the pod, and the other three sides the motor pod, but I could be wrong. I think we're taking about the same thing thoug

That video shows more of the spray I'm talking about, but for some reason I think mine is worse. Bennington's video may have been done at a speed that doesn't spray as much.

I have a 150, but I also had a 115, and both did it.

My motor is wet most of the time and covered in water drops. It doesn't get flooded, just constantly sprayed with water at certain speeds.

The spray comes off the boat ahead of the motor, so I don't think it's the prop either. I've had two motors and tried four or five props and they all did the same thing...

My SLX with a 90 and no express or any other type of center tube ,also sprayed water all over the motor .Being new I just never paid  attention to it .

I just used the wax as you wash once a week to clean the spots .

Now I will be watching .

The spray comes off the boat ahead of the motor, so I don't think it's the prop either. I've had two motors and tried four or five props and they all did the same thing...
After reading your experiences ,perhaps it is the  design of the motor pod / transom ?

I think you are correct. I've considered clamping a metal flap onto the bottom end of the rear deck, just to see if it would cut down on the spray, but have never actually tried that. Yet.

Back