Bennington - The Most - The Oldest - Your Stories

Link

Reaction score
After seeing AliceDream post about the third Benny arriving it got me to wondering about the record for the most Benny owned.  Since Bennington was formed in 1997 it is also possible that due to their quality someone may still own a 1997, would love to see that picture.

So post up and lets see who has had multiple Bennys and tell us your story

Mine is a short story.  I probably had only been on someone's boat a few times prior to 2009 as I was an avid golfer and that was what I wanted to do on my weekends.  In August 2009 we rented a pontoon boat with another couple [very small engine, was 25HP if I remember right] and I was hooked, in 2 weeks I stopped in, just for a look, and walked out owning an old Sea Ark deckboat.  We trailered to 4 different lakes to check them out that fall.  Bought my first camp in April 2010, upgraded to my Bennington in 2012 and upgraded camp to direct lakeside in 2014.    Still love my current Benny but you guys posting pictures are killing me

My short version. Boated couple times over the years. Went on a fishing trip, got "hooked" on being on water. Bought a used jet boat. Loved it, wife didn't. 2009 bought a used 2008 6x15 Gillgetter to see if we'd like tooning. Traded it late 2012 on our dealers demo 2011 Bennington  2275 RLi. Traded RLi this March for 2017 GCW. So that makes 2 Benningtons. 

I owned a couple jet boats, a Sea Doo and a Yamaha. Absolutely loved the Yamaha. Then I bought a cabin and my neighbor said "nice jet boat, that thing will never work on these lakes."  I laughed and said I love the thing and will never trade it. Two months later I traded my Yamaha in on my first Bennington. Just took delivery of my 3rd Bennington yesterday. As much as I love the pontoon I still have a soft spot in my heart for the Yamaha. 

My parents raised us on boats. I learned to water ski when I was 5.  We used to drive from the Chicago area to Saddle Lake Michigan. When I was 11  we  moved to southern Wisconsin right on the lake. What a great way to grow up. We always had the ski boat 1964 Mark Twain Mercury Cuiser 110 horsepower. In 1985, my dad bought a Party Barge Pontoon boat and the truth is we all loved it. We had the ski boat also but we loved swimming off the pontoon. Interesting note my Dad sold that Mark Twain 23 years old for $1,000 more than he paid for it in 1987.  We all lived near southern Wisconsin so over the years I would use my brothers or my Dad's pontoon boats when i ever I wanted. I then moved for work in  1996, coincidentally, not far from where Bennington was founded in northern Indiana. I kind of lost connection with boats for 10 years as I moved three times for work in the next 10 years . I then met my wife in Kansas City in 2005 and she had some lake property and one of the first things we did was buy a boat. When I looked, I came across this small marine in Missouri by chance that sold Bennington's, another coincidence, this dealer started  selling Bennington's in 1999,one of the first. I loved the quality after looking at other boats.  I could not believe we put a 115 on it compared to the 25hp to 50hp motors growing up. In 10 years with that boat I never had what would be considered one warranty claim. Best built boat I ever had.

I decided I needed a new one last April but wanted it before 4th of July. I was shocked  at prices when I looked at the Bennington site. Really had not looked much in 10 years.  Finally settled on 2016 2275 GL with F200. I should have come to this site before I purchased as I would have done it differently. I loved the SPS  and the handling I told my wife after the season I wanted to get an ESP with a F300.  Should said let's go for it. And that is how today,  I will pull the 3rd Bennington in one year behind my truck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I owned a couple jet boats, a Sea Doo and a Yamaha. Absolutely loved the Yamaha. Then I bought a cabin and my neighbor said "nice jet boat, that thing will never work on these lakes."  I laughed and said I love the thing and will never trade it. Two months later I traded my Yamaha in on my first Bennington. Just took delivery of my 3rd Bennington yesterday. As much as I love the pontoon I still have a soft spot in my heart for the Yamaha. 

Okay, time to pony up with some pics and specs! :)

And that is how today,  I will pull the 3rd Bennington in one year behind my truck!

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that you hold the world record for owning the most Benny's in a year. Lucky guy...

Okay, time to pony up with some pics and specs! :)

I changed my signature to my new Bennington and most of the specs.  Its been raining since i got her home so when it stops I will get some pictures and post them.

I changed my signature to my new Bennington and most of the specs.  Its been raining since i got her home so when it stops I will get some pictures and post them.

Yeah, now I see that! Nice build!!

Back