Bennington weekend?

On our way shortly .Weather wise this weekend  it is "supposed " to be best so far this season 

We're flying to Houston tonight to pick up our 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 year old granddaughters, back tomorrow for a week of Vacation Bible School at our tiny lake church, lots of boating, great weather, and lake fun. Can't wait!

I took a vacation day today. Have already been out on the boat twice! 

On the lake again this weekend!

Going to be on the lake Sunday afternoon.

Happy Fathers' Day to all of you dads!

b3f2f5d3319c98bb46d2865ac8acce75.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading to the lake today. Not sure if we will go this weekend with the temps reaching 120 on Sunday.

Happy Father's Day To All The Great Dad's !!!

On the lake again this weekend!

We're heading to the lake once the wife gets home from work....probably another late arrival at the lake house for us.  Saturday morning is boat time and saturday evening is going to be sprint car time at waynesfield raceway.  Sunday should be a good day of boating as the father-in-law and one of the wife's best friends are coming to the lake for the day.

That boat is being wasted! There's no one on it.

88 today here ,( Burt Lake ) water made it to 70 . Slime on the toons  clean up time Saturday 

Last edited by a moderator:

Had a great day on the lake today. 103 degrees and water was 81 degrees. Finally got the wife comfortable enough to drive while I wakeboard...Yay. Kids got to tube, kneeboard and try there hand on the wakeboard. Boat always impresses me. 10 people on the boat 57 gal of fuel, gear and still hit 42 mph on GPS.

Just had company here from Australia this week. Of course we took them out on the boat a couple times. Husband is 67 and the wife is 62. We asked if they wanted to ski and the wife said its been about 5 or 6 yrs. but she'd give it a try...........Yeah right! She took one ski popped out of the water and slalomed for about 15 minutes. She said that was the first time skiing behind a pontoon boat and she couldn't believe how flat the wake was! 

Will be having a busy day on Sunday.  I'll be trailering the wife's PWC down to the boat ramp and launching it, then driving to our marina where our boat is in a wet slip and loading up some friends, then we'll all rendezvous at Sanibel Island, inflate the floater chairs, floating ice chest, and have a blast on the water with the Sea-Doo and the Benny!

Will be having a busy day on Sunday.  I'll be trailering the wife's PWC down to the boat ramp and launching it, then driving to our marina where our boat is in a wet slip and loading up some friends, then we'll all rendezvous at Sanibel Island, inflate the floater chairs, floating ice chest, and have a blast on the water with the Sea-Doo and the Benny!

Went to Naples a couple years ago and took a side trip to Sanibel Island. Absolutely gorgeous! 

Have you ever heard of the Red Coconut at Ft. Myer beach? It's an RV park right on the beach. Went down there about a month ago.......

For the first time since July 5th, we're headed for the boat/cottage Saturday evening after my granddaughter's "first" birthday party. Yes!!

Losing a good chunk of July was kind of a bummer but life happens. We were enjoying an extended holiday weekend when my wife jumped down from the boat at the sandbar, shattering her right ankle. I believe it was a freak accident but with the tri-toon setting fairly high on the water, that might have had something to do with it as well. Two plates and nine screws later, she is ready to climb back on, although no weight on that leg still for another few weeks.

Here's to a Bennington weekend and hope's that it all goes well... :)

Back