Bennington weekend?

Michiman

Reaction score
Just wondering what my Bennington friends have planned for their weekend? It's been three weeks since I've caught sight of our's so I'm quite anxious for the work day to be over. With a bit of luck we'll be on the road north and at the boat for an evening cruise by 8:00. Saturday we'll be on the water all day before packing up and rushing home early Sunday morning for a special Mass, birthday party and graduation open house. 

We're planning on hitting the lake/river tomorrow, then church on Sunday morning, with another episode of boating on Sunday afternoon, if the rain holds off. Hope you have a great weekend.

Just changed plans: Starting out the weekend with a sunset cruise, this evening, then on the plans listed above! :D

9E1F2DAC-279A-4D4B-A1EA-959A0BD616E8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On the lake all weekend!

Planning on finally getting some watersports in behind big blue. Probably will blow up some tubes and float behind the boat with the family.

Enjoy my last weekend with my 2006 2250GL. Cruising and swimming suppose to be 95 here Missouri tomorrow. Then pulling boat out taking it to the dealer. 

At the lake for a long 4 day weekend........relaxing on the boat.  We just got home to Ohio from a 3600 mile trip out to see our boy in Bismarck, ND and then on out to Mt. Rushmore and Sturgis in SD.   Yeah do all that in 9 days and you are tired of being in a car and ready for some lake time.

After going out Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday...........Not sure if we'll go out this weekend. So much more peaceful and calm during the week......

My weekend started Thursday eve..

Still going today.

Going to be 95 degrees today

We saw a nice fat turtle that evening too:

That's a 4" PVC pipe for reference

After going out Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday...........Not sure if we'll go out this weekend. So much more peaceful and calm during the week......

So true. 

Stopped out at my old marina today! Good lord was it packed! Talked to a new owner of a 2012 QCW with a 350 hanging off the back. Pretty sweet looking boat, and as is any Bennington owner, nice guy too.

Still making one of my rentals ready to occupy. No boating for me. :-(

Friday after work we got hit with a bad storm!  Without power for at least 4 hours and didn't get our internet/TV back until a couple of ours ago.  Had power lines in our front yard and lightning blew off the top of one of the poles!  I'll post some pics when i get a chance tomorrow.  So without internet we took a ride with the "kids" and they went swimming for a while.  Might go out tomorrow, if not that was probably our last time on our boat.  New one is supposed to be coming in Monday and we will get our first look at it!   :D

Still making one of my rentals ready to occupy. No boating for me. :-(

Hey, we also share being landlords! Five of six of our tenants are staying so not too bad but the one leaving will be at the end of July, so I might lose a weekend. We just remodeled the unit last year so hopefully it should go pretty quick.

The little wife and I had a great weekend on the boat. We did the sunset cruise Friday evening. Then, took it back out Saturday evening, ordered dinner from the boat, eased up to the dock at Cock of the Walk, picked it up and ate on the boat while watching the sun set on the horizon. Beautiful evening! We gave it a rest on Sunday. I used that afternoon to go buy a Garmin Striker 5DV for it being so good on Friday and Saturday. I'll be removing the Echo 101.

Adding the pictures from the storm!  It was nuts!!  Lightning hit the top of the pole in the first pic and blew the top right off!!  Lines down everywhere!

/monthly_2016_06/large.IMG_20160610_182023376.jpg.7df5b076593bc53ddc65e86537faee40.jpg/monthly_2016_06/large.IMG_20160610_181514101.jpg.9a7fb96ed2956112d6f4a2c45deba1f2.jpg/monthly_2016_06/large.IMG_20160610_182352923.jpg.a2c7de2f75e30627fc2d0beabb2dd5ed.jpg/monthly_2016_06/large.IMG_20160610_170800615.jpg.d3cde3c9407437e38f67b8ea5c2b66de.jpg

Downed power lines are no joke, glad no one got hurt.

Best news is you didn't sit in the powerless home, get out and enjoy the last hours with your old boat, you'll never forget that time the power lines fell in the front yard and we all went boating....

Downed power lines are no joke, glad no one got hurt.

Best news is you didn't sit in the powerless home, get out and enjoy the last hours with your old boat, you'll never forget that time the power lines fell in the front yard and we all went boating....

Got that right!  The next day being so nice out, we couldn't pass it up!  Just glad nothing was broke or messed up at the marina!  We went there right away after walking the neighborhood to check on the boat since we are trading it in, thank goodness everything was alright and looked as if a storm never hit the marina!  

Back