Bennington weekend?

As someone who works in the insurance dept for a utility company.....please do not go out and take photos near the lines. Electricity can travel through the ground and still get/kill you without physically touching the lines.

They had shut off the power because of the damage according to the crews, so there wasn't any danger at that time.

I figured it was but you never know who is at the other end of that switch! My motto is "If lines are down....I'm not around!"

Glad there was no damage aside from a power outage.

True to plan (for once anyway), we arrived at the boat by 7:30 on Friday evening and cruised around until after sunset. Back on the lake Saturday for about seven hours (windy, but kept the temps reasonable) before heading home early Sunday. Definitely a Bennington weekend and looking forward to doing all over again in four days... :)

Hey, we also share being landlords! Five of six of our tenants are staying so not too bad but the one leaving will be at the end of July, so I might lose a weekend. We just remodeled the unit last year so hopefully it should go pretty quick.

This one, unfortunately, was built in 1900.

Here's a before and after of the bathroom.

B888CCA0-83B1-487C-BD20-DCC254EDBE79_zpsamgdie4r.jpg

0F2C006A-CAB8-459D-A23F-AB4B3336D111_zpsdueuizg5.jpg

Friday evening:arrive at beach house at 7 pm. Cut the lawn, uncover the boat, make a tall drink, get on boat and go watch the sunset, Go to Macky's for dinner. Boat finally found it's way home at 1:30 am.                                                                           Saturday: On the boat by 11,back at 2 to drop kids off. Take boat over to p/u another couple to go down for happy hour at Sunset marina. Back at 7 to make dinner and conversation on the back patio. Couple go home at 11:30, boat pulls out again and we come home at 1 am after laying out in the middle of the bay pointing out stars.                                                                            Sunday: On the boat at 11am, headed toward Delaware in search of calmer waters because the wind. Found them, but paid dearly later when we headed home. Last leg had 3-4' waves and 25-30 mph winds coming across the bay. But I will classify the weekend a great boat weekend! Come on Friday night.

[snip]  Couple go home at 11:30, boat pulls out again and we come home at 1 am after laying out in the middle of the bay pointing out stars.  [snip]

Yeah, right! Laying out in the middle of the bay pointing out starts. :D

Nice bath Randy. I just built a smaller version of our deck for the in-laws. Azek decking, vinyl/aluminum rails. I finished it this past weekend.

05B7F397-D60B-479D-889A-065AB3BCE54C_zpseulkwxgl.jpg
0ED749A8-2D73-49C0-AAEC-55193969C67E_zps1pmsk006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice bath Randy. I just built a smaller version of our deck for the in-laws. Azek decking, vinyl/aluminum rails. I finished it this past weekend.

Wow, you're in the wrong business, wish I had those skills ;-)

Wow, you're in the wrong business, wish I had those skills ;-)

You can do it just like me. Write checks. I have "a guy" to do the skilled work. I am just the grunt.

Most of the time he was doing his thing, I was working elsewhere in the house; cleaning, painting, patching, cleaning carpets, etc.

Here's how the kitchen turned out.

Before:

Kitchen%20before_zps0gr1d9ge.jpg

After:

Kitchen%20after_zps5hb9skot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice work. Very tasteful.

Yes, I am mostly the writer of checks as my talent for construction is mostly in my head, not my hands  B)

Some friends of ours just bought a house seven down from us on the lake and it needs some updating....guess who they called for help......I told them they need to get a dock in so I can show up via boat. Walking is for suckers.

Nice work guys. However, time to get back out on that Benny!

I truly admire those with "Handyman" skills.  If I pick up almost any tool, hammer, pliers, screwdriver and I don't draw blood, I consider it a success! :D

WOW Lakeliving, that's a great job.  Love the color scheme as the white posts really pop

Well, we're certainly on a roll as this will be our second consecutive Benny weekend. The weather is looking just gorgeous for Michigan so I'm super excited to know that we'll have three good days to motor around on our toon!

Hope all of my Benny friends will be doing the same... :)  

Back