Best trailer for my Bennington

kkarner

Reaction score
I am purchasing a new Bennington 235 RBR and need to know what the best brand trailer is to purchase with it.

I have a choice between the Phoenix trailer and Trailmaster.

Also should I get the load guides?  Do they do damage to the toons?

Thanks for you help and advice. 

www.trailersforpontoons.com I was looking for a trailer and other members recommended this site. I called the owner and he was very knowledgeable with some great recommendations. I plan on buying one next season from them. They also had good prices

Go with the Phoenix Trailer.  It appears to be a premium, custom trailer.  You don't say where you're going to be boating, but if you're going to be in saltwater you'll want to go aluminum I beam which Phoenix also makes.

And by all means, get the padded lengthwise load guides--that fit inside the toons.

I looked at both Phoenix and Trailmaster, both very good trailers. I ended up buying a Mid-America from www.trailersforpontoons.com. Paul treated me right and I couldn't be happier with the trailer as well as follow up service.

My dealer also recommended trailers for pontoons. I have the rbr ordered as well, but will probably wait on the trailer. Let us know what direction you head. Is it the ESP package?

Get the tandem version as well

I had a 2013 Trailmaster with my previous pontoon (2013 South Bay).  I had some brake issues straight from the factory that eventually got fixed.  Not a bad trailer but the 2014 Shorlandr I now have is far superior to the other in construction, quality and ruggedness.  Definitely get the load guide bunks if you are trailering a lot.  Having found out the hard way, let me just say wind and/or water currents are not your friend when loading a toon onto a trailer.  I wound up putting 8 posts on my Trailmaster, 4 per side, and it worked well.  The new Shorlandr trailer has 13' long load guide bunks made by Shorlandr which seem to work better.  Have no experience with the Phoenix but hear good things about them.  Good luck.

We purchased a new Loadrite trailer with our Bennington (the boat was used) from the marina in Eastern PA.  We love it.  Has surge brakes, a full sized spare tire and 4 guide posts which make loading the boat so easy I can and have done it myself several times with ease.

Back