Best Way to design and order boat name decals/stickers?

Jrcphish

Reaction score
Hello. We recently purchased a 2007 Bennington 2075GS. The gentleman that owned it previously had used mailbox letter adhesives to name the boat on both sides. The decals/stickers will not come off with any remover / pressure washer / hair dryer, etc. The easy thing to do is to have a custom decal/sticker designed to re-name the boat and cover the ugly ones up on both sides. Questions:

1 - Are there any particular requirements for the sticker/decal? Can it be a typical sticker or is there a unique marine decal I should use? We trailer and use brackish water in FL ICW, so saltwater is in play.

2 - Does anyone have a suggested website for ordering custom boat stickers/decals to name the boat?

I need something roughly 22" x 4" for both sides for the fence.

Thanks for your expertise, and safe boating!

photo (4).JPG

Are you saying you got the lettering off but are left with the glue that needs removed? Home Depot/Lowes sells vinyl sticker remover. You can also Google "Vinyl Sticker Remover" for guidance.

There are specific sign shops online that make fancy marine lettering. They can also make swirls and other designs in vinyl. GreatLakesSkipper.com also sells pontoon vinyl appliques.

And you can find local sign shops with the same equipment as the mail order companies. They often make vinyl wraps for bass boats. They can certainly design and print out vinyl wraps that can cover your fencing in any pattern and color you want.

Start by using Google.

Thanks Bamaman. No, I did not get the lettering off. I'm planning to take the "lazy way" out and just cover them with a new decal. I'm really just looking for a 24x6" oval with the new name inside it to cover the old letters. Thanks - I'll check out Greatlakesskipper!

you can order them on overtons it gives you a design preview so you can see it before you order

You will probably see "ghosting" of the old letters coming thru the new vinyl. Check out some of your "local" mom n pop type sign shops. They can easily make you anything you desire and might give you some tips on how to remove the old lettering. You bought a Benny, treat her like a lady ...... :)

Visitation? That's kinda creepy. I can see why you'd want to change it.

Yo,

If it is the ICW then I don't think it is brakish. It's the real thing NaH2O! Here in S Fl I would highly recommend a aluminum trailer, real good anodes, serious engine flush after use and a serious wash down.

Not trying to be a know it all. But salt water can be a real kick in the butt. That is from my learning the hard way personal experience book.

More to the point I ordered my reg numbers and stickers from that place In Az. There are other posts on this and you ca see them there.

Happy boating and if you know all this stuff already chalk it up to just trying to help.

Thanks all! Found a great site and ordered name decals today (had to be more of a graphic to cover the nonsense). I'll post a pic when done. This forum is awesome - appreciate your help!

Depends on who's doing the visiting! :lol:
That too. But I was referring to the Catholic funeral thing. Creepy.

http://www.boatus.com/boatgraphics/

I have used this company for the lettering and graphics on my toon and highly recommend them..........You design it and install it yourself...............

Peel letters off by hand warm them with a heat gun or hair dryer just so they start to come peel off while you are peeling them warm them and use goo gone from homedepot or hardware after. There is another product out there called goofoff it has stuff in it that can harm paint dont get them confused. GOO GONE is what you want. Have been getting rid of decals this way for years . From everthing from trailers to cars to snowmobiles and four wheelers.... Hoss

Google "decal remover" , I used a wheel in a battery drill that I think is made by 3M and it has removed everything that I tried it on. I removed the "bennington" decals from the sides of my panels in no more than 15 minutes and they were out on in '05 and removed in '12. Amazon has the best price on these. About $60 at auto parts and less than $30 on Amazon. Steve

Yo,

If it is the ICW then I don't think it is brakish. It's the real thing NaH2O! Here in S Fl I would highly recommend a aluminum trailer, real good anodes, serious engine flush after use and a serious wash down.

Not trying to be a know it all. But salt water can be a real kick in the butt. That is from my learning the hard way personal experience book.

More to the point I ordered my reg numbers and stickers from that place In Az. There are other posts on this and you ca see them there.

Happy boating and if you know all this stuff already chalk it up to just trying to help.
I believe NaH20 is an explosive and reactive combination... Seawater would be some variation on NaCl + H2O. ;-)

Yeah, I'm a nerd.

Back