Bimini Frame Rubbing / Scraping

RangerMTB5

Reaction score
Has anybody come across this? It appears my frame is rubbing and scratched the frame. Maybe the bolts are too tight? I will probably have the dealer deal with it since it’s a new boat. I just noticed it today but not sure if it’s been like this since we got it.

are the Bimini frames assembled at the dealer or factory?

Attachments

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Frames are “assembled” at factory, but installed at dealer (At least that’s how it is at our dealer)

kaydano

Reaction score
Just tightened my bimini screws the other day... I remember seeing what looked like a hard plastic spacer or washer that would likely prevent what is happening to you. Check your other joints. Maybe you're missing one.

Last edited:

RangerMTB5

Reaction score
Just tightened my bikini screws the other day... I remember seeing what looked like a hard plastic spacer or washer that would likely prevent what is happening to you. Check your other joints. Maybe you're missing one.
Yup, that’s it. 2 of my joints are missing the plastic spacers. All others are in place.

that makes me feel better as it obviously a factory error so warranty repair shouldn’t be an issue.

thanks for the help!

kaydano

Reaction score
No problem. In the meantime, a black sharpie will make it look a lot better while you deal with the dealer.