Boat Fan (Wife wants one)

azray007

Reaction score
Good day everyone and an early Happy 4th of July to you!  My wife and I beach our boat often and since the Benny is like a BMW on the water, she wants a fan to keep her cool while lounging in the rear recliners.  I've had USB ports installed all over the boat, but I don't think they will provide enough power for a fan that has decent output.  I was considering installing a power inverter but want to be sure I make the right choice....so the question, is anyone using a fan and if so, is there one that is recommended?

Since she let me light up the boat and fill it with speakers, I want to do this "little" thing for her.  :)  

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwwwwwww!!  I wouldn't know the first thing about something like that, but I just had to say you're an awesome husband!  The only fan we have on the boat is attached to a water bottle and we use it on the mutts to get them wet and cool them off.  

Might she settle for something like this?

men%20fanning%20woman_zpso27qa2ni.jpg

You read my mind Randy!

I've got a 1000 w inverter on my boat. We also have a small turbo fan on our boat, which I might add, moves quite a bit of air. $25 at Wallyworld.

Honeywell Turbo Force Whole Room Air Circulator HT-908

239cd81f-e1a1-4fcb-bb68-f04e30b30ee7_1.0672f1157c34d04974627b5dcaa45a7a.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
KP has a small water bottle with a small battery operated fan that works very well for her 

Great ideas!  I'll post some pictures with what I end up with.  (I've got to reduce the size of all my images so I can post.)

Great ideas!  I'll post some pictures with what I end up with.  (I've got to reduce the size of all my images so I can post.)

Put them in the gallery and then use the URL for the photo.

It was hot on the boat last night and my wife asked why doesn't the boat have a fan? I gave it some throttle and created a man made breeze. Problem solved!

Heck this is a great idea just to keep the darn mosquitos from biting you.  Went out on a cruise last night and got eaten alive on my ankles.

Wonder if they make one that I can plug into my power outlet at the helm and mount it to the railing system?  If I can find one like that I'm buying it immediately.

Wonder if they make one that I can plug into my power outlet at the helm and mount it to the railing system?  If I can find one like that I'm buying it immediately.

Amazon. Tons of 12v clip on fans

Haven't found one in white that will plug into a power port.

Heck this is a great idea just to keep the darn mosquitos from biting you.  Went out on a cruise last night and got eaten alive on my ankles.

That's exactly why I won't spend the night on the boat. (my wife wants to) Those mosquitoes would hunt me down and kill me. Must be the Hawaiian blood......

Two words.....bug spray. Make the lady happy! B)

I've also found that if we get far enough out into the middle of The Rez, we don't have a bug problem. I guess it's too far for them to fly just for a little bite. 

Good day everyone and an early Happy 4th of July to you!  My wife and I beach our boat often and since the Benny is like a BMW on the water, she wants a fan to keep her cool while lounging in the rear recliners.  I've had USB ports installed all over the boat, but I don't think they will provide enough power for a fan that has decent output.  I was considering installing a power inverter but want to be sure I make the right choice....so the question, is anyone using a fan and if so, is there one that is recommended?

Since she let me light up the boat and fill it with speakers, I want to do this "little" thing for her.  :)  

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Did you ever get a fan for your wife?!?

Not yet....but she's not asked for one again either.  :)   I still plan on it, we've just been real busy with guests, getting a fence installed and tearing down our old carport to build a new one for the Benny....and I'm still tweaking the stereo.  As soon as I get everything squared away, I'll be sure to post lots of pic's and details. 

...but now that you mention it, that would be a nice surprise for her for this weekend especially with the temperatures we're supposed to have!

Back