boat fenders

Dave B.

Reaction score
Just picked up my new slx21. What is the best way to hang fenders on this boat when docking for a period of time.

Thanks for any advice.

Welcome to the forum Dave. 

There are so many products on the market to use to hang fenders. I have 6 (3 on each side) adjustable straps that hold my fenders.

A popular product on this forum are EZ Fenders. Google them.........

Plus 1 on the EZ Fenders 

Another EZ Fender fan

I use fender hanger clips but after seeing the EZ Fender I will be changing soon!

We also use ez fenders.

taylor made pontoon fender hangers

I use these. easy on and off and they are relatively cheap. Never had a problem with one falling off.

Oh and welcome t the 21 slx club

Last edited by a moderator:
We use the same Taylor made as Steve21slx and agree that they are easy to use and have not had any problems with them falling off. Found ours on sale for $2.00 each. 

We use the taylor made clips (shown above) along with the taylor made fenders like THESE   Bought them on sale ($25 each) at the boat show the year we bought the boat.  Using the clips and a good 3/8" twisted line we haven't had any problems with that setup and it's relatively a cheap fix.  We tied the rope into a loop on the one end above the clip so if by chance we drop them in the lake there is a loop to help fish them out with the dock hook.

Thanks to all for the input. I have the taylor  made hangers the problem is the bow seat backs are tight against the top rail can not push them on.

Thanks to all for the input. I have the taylor  made hangers the problem is the bow seat backs are tight against the top rail can not push them on.

I slip mine right in there no problem. I put one on the front port side and one on the back and both are where the seats are. They slip right between the rail and the seat top.

Mine slip in also. Won't fit if you try to put them to the very front or back of rails

I use the Scotty mount system, with various attachments, one being the loop for ropes. I just tie my fenders at the right height, put a Scotty mount in the various locations, and hang them out when it's time to dock. 

Scotty Square Rail Mount

61Nyh2BJdIL._SL1000_.jpg

Scotty Fender Ring (2 Per Pack)

61JpGAZToFL._SY679_.jpg

I use a scotty mount for my depth finder thats on the trolling motor. They are great for all kinds of stuff.

Back