Boat Show Does Not Help With PAD'S

clrd

Reaction score
Well I went to the boat show 2 days in a row now. My dealer had at least 25 to 30 Bennys at the show. Having a hard time with not buying a new one again, mainly because of the potential hit I will take on my current one from only owning it just under a year.

So if you don't want to catch PAD'S, Stay away from the shows, JK   :p

No that was a different brand, not sure what one,  that was a general picture of the show.

What were some of the prices of the Benny's were looking at???????

You may be surprised at the resale value .

Well I went to the boat show 2 days in a row now. My dealer had at least 25 to 30 Bennys at the show. Having a hard time with not buying a new one again, mainly because of the potential hit I will take on my current one from only owning it just under a year.

So if you don't want to catch PAD'S, Stay away from the shows, JK   :p

Looking forward to going weekend of Feb 12 but I am a little nervous of catching the bug

Our local show starts on Thursday. For the first time in many years I don't "need" anything for the boats or lake house, but you all know how it goes once you're staring down all those toys and deals!

So far this year, both shows in this area fell on weekends where there were blizzards or road conditions where the DOT were asking people to stay off the road. One weekend the Sheriff Dept asked a snowmobile club to assist in picking up stranded motorists.

I went to the Unidome show and get caught in one coming home. Couldn't see the road at all. The only thing that kept me on the road was being able to see the ditches on both sides.

The Detroit show is in a few weeks. Probably won't go as we almost died getting home due to the roads.

Thanks for the pics. We have our 2nd show in 3 weeks coming to town next weekend. We have our new Bennington ordered but may drive up anyway just to look around and kill some time.

Hoping for decent weather for the trip to Springfield.

Marc

What were some of the prices of the Benny's were looking at???????
We went back today again and still didn't sign any papers. way to busy at the shows to get all the details worked out. Going to meet with the dealer next week to see if we can come to a deal. The Prices ranged anywhere from $16.000 for a  20ft S series with a 50hp to $120.000 for the Q Woody. 

My wife and I went to the Fredericksburg boat show a couple weeks ago. It was easy just to look after seeing Bennington and other pontoon boat dealers ......."Boat show pricing" in $50000 to $93000 range for well equipped and well powered boats. There was a 23 ft. 2275 RCW that was just gorgeous w/a 150 Yamaha. Special boat show price was $58484..................

BigKahuna/Daril,

My wife and I were at the Fredericksburg show also.  Knowing you are from that area, I should have thought to link up with you.  Not a really big show, but still fun.  

My dealer had me help him close a deal with a customer trying to decide on the standard questions -- layout, pontoon vs tritoon, and motor size. Its amazing how much I've learned from my own buying journey and from this site.   

John

John.............seems like the Fredericksburg show gets smaller and smaller every year. At least your dealer, Hoffmasters, was there from Woodbridge. My Benny dealer at Lake Anna wasn't even there..............

I know around here there is typically only one Bennington dealer at show. I was told it is a gentleman's agreement between dealer owners. Wilson gets Metro Detroit and the others fight over the others.

I worked with my dealer at the Greenville SC show this year Had a great time. We had 8 boats there. Met a lot of lookers, (at boats that is), a couple of serious buyers. I fell in love with the 25G with the counter, sink, seats and Ice Blue lights. Too big to tow to the lake but it was worth dreaming. One other Benny dealer at the show No "Q" Wood though.

Back