Boat Show Product

kaydano

Reaction score
Went to a boat show this weekend and saw these:

http://aqualilypad.com/

If you have kids or grandkids, I'm sure this would be a HUGE hit. This looks like a lot of fun for the adults that like to float in the water too. We would use this whether we had the kids with us or not.

But, pretty pricey for something that might get ripped up and start to absorb water (and then not be able to get it back in the boat).

So, anyone know where you can get a 1-inch slab of waterproof foam like this on the cheap? Can't bring myself to spend $500 on foam...

I think these will be VERY popular though, and the "knock-offs" will come out soon, but it may be a while before the price drops, just like every new idea (I think several companies are making these already though).

Saw several of the new Benny models too. Can't wait to get back out on the water.

1" Dow Styrofoam from local lumberyard or comparable from Lowes/HD

Thanks, but it needs to be very flexible, not rigid like Styrofoam.

I ran across some foam tumbling (gymnastics) mats online that were more reasonably priced. 6x42 feet for $300. Could split it in four parts and share the cost with friends. Still looking....

This does look like a blast. Let us know what you come up with kaydano

I purchased one of these two years ago and they are fantastic for coving out.....not only do the kids love them, but the women do as well......Warning.....These will attract people and be prepared to socialize of a cold beverage.......

Only issue I have with mine is the size.....it does take up a lot of space when transporting as well as on your dock

LakeRat

LakeRat, their site says rolled up is 2' in diameter, is that true

Last edited by a moderator:
LakeRat, their site says rolled up is 2' in diameter, is that true
Yes, it does, though I assume with some major effort. I saw them at the Chicago Boat Show.

Back