Bought the boat!

Tailgate

Reaction score

Got my new 20ft stern FIS wet at the lake Friday afternoon... she's in a covered slip at the marina.  Took her out with DW on Saturday, which was a mistake cause winds were up to 25mph or so.  It was a good test of the boat out on the choppy lake, but docking back in the slip was a bear!  Finally got help from a couple of the houseboat folks who were great to help...will watch the winds from now on, until I get some practice and confidence in docking in a pretty tight little slip at a full marina.  

Anyway, love the boat.. blue with rear fish... 70hp Yamaha, which is plenty for us.  After breakin, we were a hair over 20mph (gps) in that choppy water.  Dealer had a trade in Lowrance HDS 5 fish finder so I swapped the low end Garmin 100 for the Lowrance.  Pics are from the dealer's site.. I haven't taken any yet.  So much to learn..  posted details this morning so I can get the extended 2 years of warranty. 

Met some characters at the marina,that's for sure....  

Question:  did you name your boat?  My wife's name is Melba, so I've named her The Melba Toast!

Looking forward to learning from you folks...

Cheers, Bob

vp3469643_5_large.jpg

vp3469643_8_large.jpg

vp3469643_24_large.jpg

Congratulations.

Great name tailgate.  Curious and have to ask, what's with the Leave it to Beaver button, I used to love that show as a kid

That was one of the first shows to beat the censors . :p

Great name tailgate.  Curious and have to ask, what's with the Leave it to Beaver button, I used to love that show as a kid

Leave it to Beaver just reminds me of simpler times and growing up as a kid before the teen hormones hit.    Andy Griffin takes me back there too... 

Congrats.  Time to enjoy.

congrats on the new boat!!  The learning curve on how to handle a pontoon is so much fun especially with an audience.  right in the middle of that process myself.    love the button.

congrats on the new boat!!  The learning curve on how to handle a pontoon is so much fun especially with an audience.  right in the middle of that process myself.    love the button.
the audience is probably what made me nervous about docking ... kept thinking I was going straight to YouTube

thanks for all the welcomes

now I need to find a fishing buddy who wants to go when my DW can't and who will help keep me out of trouble....  

Great name! Keeps the "Captain" happy.............

Congrats and nice flooring.

Another question tailgate; you've mentioned DW a few times.  Perhaps I am slow or don't know the lingo but I am guessing DW is Divorced Wife or Devil wife, which is it?

Another question tailgate; you've mentioned DW a few times.  Perhaps I am slow or don't know the lingo but I am guessing DW is Divorced Wife or Devil wife, which is it?
Ouch! Dear Wife, Mark, Dear Wife!!!

Goldenrod, Although I have been with Kathy 33 years we have only been married 3 years.  Most of my friends that got married in their early 30's fit more of the divorced or devil category.  That is funny though because I was serious :p

Congrats !!!!

Goldenrod, Although I have been with Kathy 33 years we have only been married 3 years.  Most of my friends that got married in their early 30's fit more of the divorced or devil category.  That is funny though because I was serious :p
LOL!

Congrats on your new purchase!  Welcome to a great club!

Back