Bow seat observations

I did have one ( support ) on my 2013 SLX .I am going to say support for the fence

Jack's correct. I'm kinda surprised to see this on a Bennington. IMHO, it looks half-assed. I've seen them on numerous other makes and always thought it looked like a shortcut around proper engineering.

And a toe catcher, to boot.

My guess is the seating configuration won't give it the support it needs. But....looks easy enough to remove.

Yeah, you would think it's just like 6" or less that it wouldn't be a weak point needing reinforcement. But maybe because of the hinge on the door. Over time it could get out of alignment since the seat stops short. I can live with it, just figured someone moving their seat there would have mentioned it.

Yeah, you would think it's just like 6" or less that it wouldn't be a weak point needing reinforcement. But maybe because of the hinge on the door. Over time it could get out of alignment since the seat stops short. I can live with it, just figured someone moving their seat there would have mentioned it.

That's a good point, and then you also have some that like to use that port or starboard gate for mounting a gas grill, which can't be to good for an unsupported playpen section. Now, if you don't use it for holding up heavy items, it might be less useful/needed.

22GCW. It has the queen's helm lounge as opposed to dual captains chairs, but other than that, standard stuff. Seems pretty permanent to be something that's just put there for shipping. (wild guess)
What year?

Back