Bow Seat on 2275GL

Pack1966

Reaction score
Ordered a new 2275GL with options including a bow seat. I've always had an open passageway on prior boats. Anyone have a slick way of attaching the anchor rope to the toon front hole or cleat. I don't want a big honking contraption that holds the anchor in the open all the time and my wife usually does the front anchor while I hold the boat in position, so she isn't to happy about having to climb over the seat. Saw somewhere that there is a lock-down thing that you can run the rope thru and it attaches to the area near the cleat. I think that it is for the buoy though. I'm in Fl and boat will be used in Wi, so can't really go and check it out until it arrives up there in May.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

My opinion, buy an electric anchor with remote. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT !!!!!! Worth every penny !!!!

I now own a BENNINGTON, I don't climb over anything, I push a button !! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure I can reach the cleat just by bending over the seat...

Our 24SSL does not have a bow seat, but I know I've bent over the seat when I couldn't open the gate without moving a bunch of stuff. Doesn't work well pulling the anchor up, but tying it off or adjusting it works. Figured you've tried this, but just mentioning.

You the man!!! The Danik Hook is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks to all for the help. it's nice to have a forum where folks have first hand experience and interest in the subject.

My opinion, buy an electric anchor with remote. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT !!!!!! Worth every penny !!!!

I now own a BENNINGTON, I don't climb over anything, I push a button !! :D
I have always used the Deckmate 25 with the remote. What do you suggest? I was going to buy this for my new Bennington. :)

SEMPERFI8387

, where did you mount the anchor winch? Also what type of anchor do you use? I want to install one of these, but I am not sure where to mount. Also I currently use the box anchor and love it and I am wondering if this anchor would work with this winch? I have 2 kids and would like to find the best spot available to mount. Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
See here. It uses the Minn Kota anchor, I think 25lb but might be 40lb.

This is what I have, of course the remote and anchor are seperate purchase (unless you find the kit) , but it came installed already on the boat, so I sold the "kit" I had already purchased. http://store.minnkot...269/DeckHand_40
I use the Powerwinch model. The only advantages I think it has is:

1. Freefall down. Fast, so you anchor on the spot you are currently at.

2. 50 lb. capacity

3. Wireless remote.

I like th box anchor. problem is, we anchor where other boaters walk, like on sandbars, etc. I lookred at the video and it seems the points stick up. Anybody have experience with this?

Pack 1966, we do as well. I often will use a floating anchor marker to show others were the box anchor is. You are right you don't want to step on it as some of the teeth do point upwards! Its an awesome anchor pretty fool proof.

Back