Box Anchor and power winch.

tylerprk

Reaction score
Hi, I have been boating for 45 years, but new to TriToons. I used my Bennington once last year for a trial run and then had to put it up for the winter. I need to purchase just about everything for it now that boating season has arrived.

I am reviewing power winches and anchors.
it seems like the box anchor is a hit with most.
I have only seen pics of that particular anchor, never in person. I am going to purchase an electric winch for my 22’. I have yet to decide on the brand. Still looking at recommendations. My question is, will a box anchor arm slide into a Davit and secure the anchor?
Thanks

Good question. I have a winch, and like you stated, the box anchor looks interesting. Not sure it would work with a winch. Se3ms that it would be very loose after retrieval.

After trying a few different types of anchors I love the box anchor. The box anchor when stored is flat. To use you open it up (make the box) and you have a crossbar that holds the box open and solid. I suppose you could leave it in the open box configuration but would be nervous having that heavy box with teeth swinging around

I installed the winch this past weekend. The box anchor will definitely not work with it. So, I bought an anchor that would work. But, I also have the box anchor to use if I want

I tried to post a pic of my install, but the file was too big. Looks just like this though and works great

Back