Box anchor for sand bars

Rickherman

Reaction score
Had my new 2250 GBR out yesterday on canandaigua lake. Wind was blowing and I could not get my fluke anchor to stick. Very annoying. I have read some forums on here and everyone says the box anchor is the answer. My question is what size. I have a 24ft tritoon. Any advise ?

My small box held 4 boats moored on a sand bar yesterday and the baby held us from swinging...my 3 friends are now buying smalls....

I have Ben in major blows on this same sandbar and the only guy remaining with the small....

The small works for me 

I have the small for my 24' tritoon and it works great, although I haven't been in any extremely windy conditions with it yet.

Mine is  a 23 LOA 25.6

I still use a fluke in the stern to stop the sway .

2550 small box

We have the small box anchor and the slide anchor for our 2375, both work perfectly.

Any one use the small or baby in muck?

Our bottom is mostly muck.  Lots of teabagging bringing it in.

I bet it's better than teabagging a 35lb navy anchor... I'm not gonna do that much more. Time for a box I think.

I just used our Small Box Anchor last night on our 22' Tri-toon.  We were in muck and it held like crazy...unfortunately, I didn't do a good job at t-bagging :(  Fortunately, I had 303 fabric guard on our carpet :)

Anchor works great!  Even had another boat tied up to us and some decent winds.

-Jason

I too am on Canandaigua Lake.  I got tired of the wind and us drifting and the anchor not sticking that was supplied.  Hated always having to worry that we may drift into someone.  I picked up the small box anchor a week and a half ago and used it the past two weekends.  It holds very well and sets easily.  We had another boat tied up to us and it held both.  We have a 22 ft.

On a side note, I find the baby works better for aft swing than any flute I have ever used

2575 RCWCP, Best purchase so far, SMALL BOX ANCHOR

Just saying

I have the small box anchor. It has always worked great on the lake and river. Conquest 28 foot topcat.

Cheers, Steve

I see a couple people mentioned tying up with others.  Would a small box hold our 2375 GCW, a similar sized (gasp) Manitou, and a decent sized ski boat in wind?  I keep putting off buying one because I can't decide what size to get. 

Back