Box Anchor question

Rbol121

Reaction score
Hey all, gonna be ordering a box anchor shortly and was wondering what everyone uses for a rope? Do ones that own use a chain also or could you get away with just some good Poly-rope?

It doesn't need a chain.  The company has a recommendation for the type of rope.  Somebody posted their conversation with the company.  Their anchor was popping off the bottom. 

Thanks remediation, finally found a post that stated to use no chain and use nylon twisted line, not braided. I looked for a while befor posting, figure once I post I end up finding the answer.

I bought 2 ,a small for the bow ,and  a baby for the stern ( to stop the sway ) 

There is a post on the forum somewhere, re-posted  from the manufacturer.Twisted line is what they recommend  .

I had both the small and baby.

I bought 2 ,a small for the bow ,and  a baby for the stern ( to stop the sway ) 

There is a post on the forum somewhere, re-posted  from the manufacturer.Twisted line is what they recommend  .
Jack, are you glad you got the baby for the stern or do you wish you got another small? We're probably going to pick up another for the stern as well and wondering which one is best? (we have a 22' and anchor in river currents)

Last edited by a moderator:
unless you are trying to anchor perpendicular to the current, i would think the baby would work for the stern. 

Thanks guys

Twisted nylon stretches a little which is why it's good for anchors. Absorbs shock that might jar the anchor loose.

Back