Broken Captain Seat Armrest Stop

Mike316

Reaction score
My left armrest on the captain's seat swivels down past where it should stop. Does anybody know how to repair this?

They replaced my seat when mine broke under warranty.
What years your boat?

I'm sure mine is out of warranty. It's a 2011. It's been awesome for years. I just want the armrest fixed.

I don't know what the cause is. Is it a simple pin that can be replaced? Does the entire armrest need to be replaced? How do I remove the armrest? I basically know nothing about how to address this.

I don't know what the cause is. Is it a simple pin that can be replaced? Does the entire armrest need to be replaced? How do I remove the armrest? I basically know nothing about how to address this.
If I remember correctly the arm swings up around past 90 degrees, then pops out, as it’s a slotted swivel connector from arm to seat. You might reach out to Bennington customer service and see if they have an idea if it’s a replacement part or not. The arm on mine was the pin side that mated to the connection on the seat back side.

A local upholstery shop that does boats may be able to tell you how to fix. They might even fix it for you cheap?

Ran into this on my '05 with front reclining fishing captain chairs. Since I purchased it used, I can't speak for how it came to fail, but I got tired of looking at it and tore into the darn thing. I removed the seat, removed whatever was holding the vinyl upholstery in place from the bottom of the seat back
(it was a few years ago, so I don't remember exactly what they were, likely hog ring fasteners) then pulled the seat cover off to reveal the mechanism for the arm rest. It was mangled somehow, likely from some kid or adult standing on it. Anyway all I remember is I had to do some hammering to make it functional again, then replaced to cover and used zip ties to hold it. Not much help, but if its like mine the arm rests are self leveling as you recline, so its a bit more complicated to achieve that function. Hopefully yours is much simpler.

Back