Bubblng teak flooring

mtudb24

Reaction score
Since I am not smart enough to add the picture to my message, take a look at my gallery and see if this type of issue should worry me? Ever since I found my wave shield rivets popped out and a section of hte waveshield bent up near the front of the motor pod ( twin elips setup), I have now noticed a bubbling line on my rear teak flooring. No damage to motor pod or pontoons can be found anywhere. Just a bent waveshield to the starboard and port side of the motor pod. I noticed wet carpet between the 2 rear facing loungers (2275 rcw) and wondeed why? I have since made afield repair to screw down the bent waveshield and have not had any further wet carpets. now this bubbling deck bothes me.

Question for folks without a waveshield.... Do you get any wet carpet between the rear loungers? if you don't have a waveshield, what stops the underdecking from getting wet when running on plane and or into large waves?odd

Thanks

Todd

Web bubbling floor 2.jpg

Hmm, not sure, but that would definitely bother me!!

Derrick

Contact your dealer ASAP. That looks like the seam at 2 sheets of plywood where they butt together. It will probably get worse with time. I'm thinking this would be a warranty issue, but you must make contact with your dealer right away.

Mtubd, Looks like it is possible that one of the sheets of plywood was lifted when you lost your waveshield thus creating the line. I do not have the wave shield but my carpet never gets wet

At least when I say I am not smart enough to post pix in message I don't do it :rolleyes:

Definitely a warranty issue and more than likely caused by the ingestion of water when you had your wave shield issues. Probably wasn't sealed properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I love that teak look. Wish I had that. Even with the crease...

Hey Todd - I do feel your pain. That does not look good, and as someone said, that probably will just get worse...

And I almost hate to even ask a selfish question while you're having this trouble, but ever since I first saw the faux teak, I've wondered how difficult it would be to loosen up the rails and fence and stuff, and kinda tuck in a new section of that stuff to retrofit my boat's plain vinyl... If it was thin (like linoleum) it would probably work to just install it on top of the existing vinyl...

That said, here's my question: If, during the repairs of this problem you're having, you happen to notice how thick the faux is, how flexible and "cutable" it is, and happen to eyeball how hard it might be to add on top of existing vinyl, I'd sure love to hear about it!

I guess that didn't end up being a question after all!

Dano

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Todd - I do feel your pain. That does not look good, and as someone said, that probably will just get worse...

And I almost hate to even ask a selfish question while you're having this trouble, but ever since I first saw the faux teak, I've wondered how difficult it would be to loosen up the rails and fence and stuff, and kinda tuck in a new section of that stuff to retrofit my boat's plain vinyl... If it was thin (like linoleum) it would probably work to just install it on top of the existing vinyl...

That said, here's my question: If, during the repairs of this problem you're having, you happen to notice how thick the faux is, how flexible and "cutable" it is, and happen to eyeball how hard it might be to add on top of existing vinyl, I'd sure love to hear about it!

I guess that didn't end up being a question after all!

Dano
I was able to get samples from these guys in just a few days.

PlasDECK

It's pretty thick and has to be glued down.

Dano

I'll let you know. All other TB members, thanks for the comments. I'll will definitely let my dealer know I ill be in for repair this fall. I have taken pics of the wave shield damage and the bubbling teak is obvious.

Thanks again for all the support this forum brings

Todd

Back