Bumper mount challenge for GL2275

Stowaway

Reaction score
I bought adjustable bumper mounts from Overton's that clamp to the 1 1/4 inch rail and they work fine except for the area off the port quarter. The rail there is attached to the supports for the cushions that cover the gas tank and porta potty. I thought I saw a picture of a ring mount on the underside of the rail that someone posted in this forum. The bumper could then be attached to the ring with a spring hook. Does anyone remember such a photo?

Thanks, as always...

Here ya go, you can also look at ezfender, there is a link on I think the first Page of the topic

Thanks, Derrick. The picture I was looking for was not there but I found many good suggestions. I think a stainless eye bolt on the underside of the port quarter rail will work best for me. Anything mounted on the top will chafe the canvass.

Since we're talking about fenders, where do guys stow yours when you're underway? I'm picking up our new Benny in about two weeks and I want to be ready. (Hopefully its in on time, sold my sailboat last week and going trough withdrawal )

My three will go under the seat at the port bow. We probably have extra space since it's only the wife and me. When the six grandkids visit, storage space becomes an issue

I usually let mine hang. (Derrick ??)

They call you a "fender nerd" when you do that, but hey, I got thick skin ....... All the less storage if I have to save space for the fenders ....

I can just barely fit five 6.5x23 fenders in the port-side seat back (the recliner part). One lays down, the other five stand on their end. There are a LOT of different seat sizes, this one is a 24SSL port front seat.

There are a lot of things I'll let hang when cruising but NEVER fenders on the side of a boat under way. Where's your pride, man! :)

Stowaway, search "new way to mount fenders on a Q" if that doesn't show, go to my gallery and look. I came up with this for my old R and modified it to work on Q rails. Steve

There's not a lot of room under our privacy enclosure on the SSL (wide rear lounger). The rack for the privacy curtain folds under and takes up a good amount of that space. It hangs down 6-8 inches or so below the deck of the lounger.

Back