Buy more vinyl + subwoofer question

GreenAdam

Reaction score
I'm struggling to find a good way to install a subwoofer in my 22 SSL and I'm considering building a small sub enclosure and mounting it behind the captain's chair. It would be really nice to buy some more vinyl that is exactly the same material as the seat upholstery to cover this sub enclosure, but I have NO CLUE how to find out exactly what vinyl in is my boat. I'm looking for manufacturer and "model number" or whatever. I see lots of places online to buy vinyl, but I don't know what specific vinyl I need.

Anyone have suggestions?

I'm also thinking about installing the enclosed sub under one of the seats, but I'm not sure how effective that will be. With the (relatively) airtight construction of the Benny seat structure, won't that totally destroy the air movement that makes a subwoofer work??

Depends on the subwoofer. Many are designed for one or both types of installs. The enclosure may need to ported to get a little flow too. When you decide what size you want, go to the specs to see what the acceptable types of install each woofer has as part of you decision making process. I have mine in a large ported box under my helm, but am going to cut it into the side of the seat in front of the helm (my speaker is rated for sealed, ported and free-air installs) just to save space. That particular seat has my power steering unit in it so its essentially useless for storage because it runs hot, but the speaker won't impede on the space.

If you contact a Bennington dealer he can use your vin number to determine the correct vinyl for your boat. Providing it's not too old or already sold out he can order it for you but it will take some time.

If you contact a Bennington dealer he can use your vin number to determine the correct vinyl for your boat. Providing it's not too old or already sold out he can order it for you but it will take some time.
If this won't work for you, or is not feasible due to time, pull one of your smaller cushions and find a local upholstering shop, and they should be able to match something fairly close to it.

Make sure if it's going to be in the weather, to get a vinyl made for that "outdoor" purpose. If they don't have one in stock, they should be able to order it. My local shop has probably a thousand different samples of colors, styles, grades, etc......

Veada is the supplier of vinyl for Bennington. We had them make us a couple of portable cup holders, and while the vinyl color is specific to Bennington, (mocha java, if i recall) they sent us some samples and we matched it up to 'morbern stinger bisque' and is a perfect match.

They where also very helpful and even called to make sure we where happy with our color selection before they made the cupholders.

Back