Buying Used?

Rwatts1205 we are in the same boat so to speak. We took delivery of our new boat just about 4 months ago now and we have 76 hours showing already........we only get to use it on weekends (weather permitting).  A few weekends it rained so that dampens the boating fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not inside your tach? On the bottom.
Nope there is not a meter inside the tach or any other gauge that I have on the dash.......the only thing that is digital on the dash is my depthfinder and it's not there either.......if you enlarge the pic you can see the tach doesn't have one.....

The 7 to 5 warranty is in the warranty that Jack posted so that part is true.

Hmm, do you remember what thread that was in? I don't recall ever seeing TB say it wasn't. It is, so I suppose it really doesn't matter, just surprised that you saw it somewhere. I believe they have stated before that the 7 year isn't transferable, it would reduce down to the 5 years (I think I saw that somewhere!  Haha) . 
Derrick,

This is the thread I was referring to:

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/511-team-bennington/?hl=%2Bstructural+%2Bwarranty#entry3261

-Sean

Well there you go! Haha I remember reading that post, but never remembered the 5 year part.

That post is from 2011 ,they have updated .When was it July 2012  for purchases after that date ?

Warranty info dated 2014.

4. WARRANTY PERIOD. The Bennington limited warranty is expressed as follows, except for and subject to other coverage’s and conditions 

listed in the limited warranty. Limited lifetime structural warranty and wood component warranty. Bennington provides to the original retail 

purchaser a limited warranty against structural failure on all pontoons, gates, channels, motor mounts or railings resulting from defects in material 

and or workmanship under normal non-commercial use. Additionally, Bennington will, at its discretion, repair or replace any wooden deck or wood 

component which fails as a result of defects in material and or workmanship free of charge for materials and labor to the original owner/retail 

purchaser only. 

Transferability - the Limited lifetime structural warranty and wood component warranty is transferable within ten (l0) years of the original 

purchase date of the boat. Once transferred, coverage extends for a maximum of ten (l0) years from date of original purchase. Completion of a 

warranty transfer is required through an authorized Bennington dealer. 

Original retail purchasers of 2013 and newer product who also elect to join Club Bennington at time of retail registration (or are existing 

Club Bennington members) are entitled to Seven (7) years of stem to stern coverage. In the event a warranty transfer occurs the remaining 

balance of the standard Five (5) year warranty will apply (see details below).

The warranties listed below are transferable to a second owner during the warranty period. A warranty transfer is required through an authorized 

Bennington dealer.

Five (5) year limited carpet and fabric warranty. Warranted from failure due to fading, peeling or cracking for a period of five (5) years 

warranty shall include replacement materials and or labor, based upon an inspection by a qualified Bennington representative. Excessive 

deterioration caused by overexposure to the sun as a result of improperly covering the boat may be excluded from this warranty. Damage 

caused by rips, tears, snags and unraveling or other abuse is not covered under this warranty. 

Five (5) year limited Bimini top fabric warranty. Warranted against excessive loss of color or strength under normal exposure 

conditions. 

Five (5) year component parts warranty. Including radios, gauges and depth finders not manufactured by Bennington.

Five (5) year warranty on all other items not specifically addressed above.

BigKahuna, I have an hour meter but your gauges are different then mine. I think I prefer yours, mine are hard to see especially at night

So if the boat was purchased in 2011 - does the Warranty info dated 2014 apply?

Thanks again,

-Sean

No Sean, the 7 year warranty was only put into effect for 2013 models and later

But see the highlighted red portion. Standard 5 year warranty applies, and must be transferred via a Bennington authorized dealer.

But, it does say purchasers of a 2013 model and later

I took that as "they get 7 years" .... Might have to dig up older warranty. Actually I have the 2011 catalog....... BRB

Ok, I verified with a contact at the big B ..... stem to stern is NOT transferable on a 2011, ONLY the structural to 10 years. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the clarification Semper.  Definitely a bit confusing.

-Sean

Back