Can you believe it? Someone stole my fire extinguisher

Noah Genda

Reaction score
Boat is on a lift.  Came aboard yesterday and thought we must have had a big storm to unsnap part of my cover.  Of course, never paid attention to the size.  Does anyone know?  BTW, didn't take anything else.  Weird.

Not surprised...............in this day and age if it's not nailed down, screwed down, or locked...................somebody will take it! Shame...........

The only thing worse than stealing, is vandalism.  But both piss me off equally.

A number of years ago, I had my in-dash radio stolen from my deck boat which was at my dock right on my property.

I just now finished installing 4 Foscam outdoor wifi cameras on my property.  Two at my dock, one at my front door, and one in my driveway.  Anytime there is motion, the camera will send me an email with a series of 5 pictures.  Fairly cheap, but I did need a little assistance installing from someone in India.

Someone broke the law in order for their boat to be legal???

Not sticking up for anyone ,because I know how mad I would be .

Was there a fire nearby ?

What a POS! Even if there was a fire nearby they should of told somebody. If you find the thief send him my way, we live in the middle of nowhere, so we take care of ourselves, even the troopers are afraid to knock on the door after dark! :)

Don't know what size came with your boat but the Coast Guard minimum requirement is a 2 lb. dry chemical extinguisher for boats under 26 feet. That's the minimum, and the 2 lb 8 oz. unit that came with mine is dinky so I added another 2 lb.11 oz, unit towards the bow.  Average user time for these smaller extinguishers is around 10 seconds so mulitple units is a good idea. Since you're buying new, I would look at something in the 3 1/2 pound range. They are taller but have a similar diameter so they won't stick out too far. You don't have to get the exact same thing since they all come with a new mounting bracket anyways.

As for class, they need to be BC rated. I've read pros and cons about ABC rated extinguishers, the A rating can be more effective on burning fiberglass but the agent used to achieve the A rating is corrosive and has the ability to "melt, seep, and encase" which requires dismantling of equipment to repair or rebuild.

I spoke too soon, about my cameras, as I just took the boat out of the water to clean and go fishing tomorrow on the Gulf.  Noticed, that my prop for my trolling motor is gone. 

abypfcs-

So sorry to hear you got hit again.  To everyone, thanks for your replies/comments.  Humanity is, well, humanity.  And at times disappointing.

I'd be hiding in the bushes at night. And when I caught them I'd have some chum for shark fishing.

Back