Candlewood Lake CT

We should be able to make it. Keep us posted!

How would the WEEKEND of JULY 26-28 work for people, instead of July 12-14? Please let me know how that weekend works out with your schedules.

Either one Dan.

I haven't seen any responses (except for Carl) related to the weekend of July 26-28. Is there any interest in this week instead of the earlier one (July 12-24). I won't be able to make the original dates. I don't want to make any arrangements unless people are actually interested. I know most of those who expressed interest are actually on Candlewood Lake.

For the Weekend of July 26-28, who is going to need hotel accommodations? I have located a Days Inn in Bethel that seems to have availability and reasonable rates. There are many hotels in the area, but I am looking for a pet friendly one.

There seems to be only 1 restaurant on the lake, "Down the Hatch". I believe this restaurant is close to the Brookfield Bay Marina. We might be able to have a Get-Together dinner there on Saturday July 27th.

I will contact the Brookfield Bay Marina to see if they will support us in any fashion during the weekend.

Are there any good places for breakfast in the area? It seems that the Eastern side of the lake will be "home base". I know that the "local" members are scattered around the lake.

Locals -- Are there any areas that the group might beach onto for a lunch and swim?

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll need a room.

Sorry, just catching up on my reading! I won't be home until Mid-August, but I wish you all a SUPER DUPER TIME!

I have checked at both Echo Bay and Brookfield Bay Marinas. Neither of these have any overnight slips available. Is anyone planning to be there on the weekend of July 26-28 and need a slip? I am towing my boat in, but will likely keep it on the trailer at night.

I understand that the lakefront restaurant, "Down the Hatch" is crazy busy on weekends. What other restaurants are local to the lake and worth going to?

Who is planning to attend?

If this comes together, we'll be there.

It currently sounds likely that there will be 3 boats at this event. Is anyone else interested in joining us?

Things are really looking up for a very successful get-together!

I received a phone call this morning from the owner of Brookfield Bay Marina, a Bennington dealer for the past 3 years.

He is very excited about helping with the planning of a get-together. He has offered free ramps and slips for anyone attending. Along with access to his beach, meeting rooms and picnic facilities. Additionally, he has offered "guide" services to an island with a large beach area.

I am going to visit him and his facility this weekend.

He has about 30 Bennington owners who keep their boats at his marina. If some of those people show up, it will be great!

I just bought a Bennington from Brookfield Bay Marina last weekend and keep it docked there. It's a beautiful lake and marina. The guys there are great too. You'll all love it!

Last edited:
LivingLarge,

Are you going to be able to join us during the weekend of July 26th? Would love to have your company during the get-together!

Dan

Hey Dan, do we need to bring noodles for floating around?

Carl,

You should not need any noodles, as I have several on my boat.

I am working out the details for the Get-together with the Marina staff. It should be a great time.

I visited the Brookfield Bay Marina a couple of weekends ago. Met the owner and several staff members. They are going out of their way to make this a very successful event.

They are offering free ramps and slips to anyone trailering in a boat for the Get-Together. Additionally, they have offered meeting rooms, use of their picnic area and a guided tour to Hollywyle Island for an afternoon "Bennington Beaching".

They will be sending out a flyer tomorrow to all of their Bennington customers to tell them about this event.

I am very appreciative of the support from these people.

Please let me know if you expect to be there for this Get-Together!

Hey Dan.............would love to come to Connecticut but Diane and I will be in Myrtle Beach at that time. Then we're going to Lake Norman for a couple days to scout out more homes/neighborhoods. Figures.............Carl and Suzie is going to be up there w/you guys!

We've already got a room at La Quinta. Daril, do you want the keys to our house while your here? And of course the boat.

Oh man, staying at the "Wagner Waterfront Ranch" and driving "Jersey Girl" around Lake Norman????? Thank you for the generous offer but we'll be constantly on the go for the quick day and a half we'll be there before going home on Sunday. Our real estate agent has a full slate set up for us meeting w/2 builders and viewing homes in Mooresville, Denver, and Troutman............Hmmmmmmm........... wait a minute on second thought.................

Back