Captain's cup holder

Rockie69

Reaction score
While I'm at it I might as well bring up another bur under my saddle.

The cup holder for the Captain. Mine is mounted where I cannot put a bottle of water in it then go 1/2 throttle. Is this location selected by the dealer or the factory?

If you mean the one in front of the throttle, mine is in the same spot. I just use the ones in my seat/captains chair.

I have mentioned this in the past too, built in speed limiter.

I figure it's just like the old days when I had a standard car, drink in one hand, shift and steer with the other! Sucked when I got a phone call on my BIG old Motorola flip phone! Had no way to steer but my knees! (and no, I wouldn't do that nowadays, I have hands free.)

I figure it's just like the old days when I had a standard car, drink in one hand, shift and steer with the other! Sucked when I got a phone call on my BIG old Motorola flip phone! Had no way to steer but my knees! (and no, I wouldn't do that nowadays, I have hands free.)
The old days?..............."Flip phone"? Haha! My first mobile phone was a bag phone. Does anybody remember those?????????

The old days?..............."Flip phone"? Haha! My first mobile phone was a bag phone. Does anybody remember those?????????
Yes sir I do.

You bet! I never owned one, but northern Manitoba didn't have cell service until around '94-'95 bags were mostly done. Some still liked them because they had more power for service so they got a bit better reception.

Didn't have one but I remember them as well.

Whenever I would fly to Kansas City to pick up a new truck to drive back I carried my stick-on antenna and bag phone on the plane. Probably couldn't do that today. First year I came home I couldn't use it anyway because the propane truck chassis didn't have a cigarette lighter for 12v power. Took wire and terminal spades next time. (good ole days). Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
They finally got hands free steering up there in Canada huh?

They finally got hands free steering up there in Canada huh?
Haha, yup! It's all the rage with the young kids! Heck I remember when you had to LEARN to parallel park your own car! Nowadays it does it for you, yup hands free steering. BAM! :)

My first phone was mounted between the front seats and would honk the horn if the truck was off and the phone rang. My wife had the bag phone.

I prefer the old carrier pigeon. That way you don't have to worry about signal. It does make a mess in the house when texting the wife though.

My first phone was mounted between the front seats and would honk the horn if the truck was off and the phone rang. My wife had the bag phone.
Freind of mine had that too, when he was over we would call his truck, horn would honk, he'd get up to answer it, we'd hang up. Doing this about 5 times annoys the freind and the neighbors, but it is damn funny! Now with caller ID blocking you can do the same thing at people houses...lol not as funny, because with the caller ID on virtually every electronic device, people don't tend to answer the blocked calls.

Back